Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Additional Artic 1000 Info
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Additional Artic 1000 Info on 11/30/2006 13:49:57 MST Print View

Hello,
I was wondering if there was any additional Artic 1000 info out there? I saw the website off of RyanJordan.com but I was curious if there was any info about actual gear lists of all three members, additional pictures etc. Thanks

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Additional Artic 1000 Info on 11/30/2006 15:05:57 MST Print View

At this point I'm beginning to doubt it will be seen on this website and may be in a book or other paper publication. Some of it has already been published in British magazines so someone posted, but I'm not sure what the content was. There was a post about it awhile back.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Additional Artic 1000 Info on 11/30/2006 17:45:36 MST Print View

Hi All,

There is a feature about the Arctic 1000, with a beautiful color map of the route in Issue 6 of the Print Magazine, which is being mailed December 12.

In addition, I've written a 3-part series about the trek that will be published at BackpackingLight.com (here!) and will include a 4th article about gear that will be published simultaneously (written by Roman Dial). The first part is ready to roll, but I'm not sure when Carol has scheduled its publication...

Ryan

Edited by ryan on 11/30/2006 17:46:11 MST.

Jeff Cadorin
(JeffCadorin) - F

Locale: paper beats rock
Re: Re: Re: Additional Artic 1000 Info on 03/28/2007 11:44:38 MDT Print View

Still interested in reading more about this. Has the details and gear list been posted? I cant find it anywhere.