All of this is stated above, but in parts.... So here are the facts as a synopsis....... I am available @ 6023398780 if anyone wants a more detailed account.
1) I (Kurt) am the original purchaser. (Yes, I DO have the original receipt)
2) Sally is my gf, to whom I gave the pad as a gift.
3) When her Piece Of $hit POE pad failed miserably, I had HER call POE as I figured that: a) it would be 'no big deal' to have them live up to their so-called 'lifetime' warranty and b) she had the pad in HER possession.
4) She called, and Josh said that he would send a "like kind" pad out immediately (that is, AFTER she sent in the POS pad at her expense) - she trusted his word and she agreed.
5)She received the 'pack M' pad and it was not anywhere NEAR 'like-kind' - in fact it was quite inferior to the X-Lite Thermo. When she called Josh to ask "what's up?", she felt 'dimissed' by Josh @ POE when she asked about the inferior pad that POE had sent. In that same conversation Josh said that if she wanted a pad that met the same specs of the defecive POS pad that she had paid to send in, that she would need to pay an 'upcharge'. At that point she asked that I intervene. I did.
6) I sent an email to Josh stating what I saw as the problem. No response.
7) After no response from Josh @ POE, I posted an account of POE's inaction on BPL (the initial post here).
8) I finally found Greg's email (using Google)and sent him a link to this BPL thread re. his products and ineffective customer service, as well as a link to an earlier BPL discussion as to how GOLITE handled a similar issue, hoping that he would 'see the light'. As you have seen, he did not learn from Golite's experience - maybe it is youth.
9) As you all may have seen, Greg made 'offers' to 'make it right' but never contacted me or Sally directly, by email or phone, even though he had all the addresses and numbers .... nor did Josh. Instead, Greg wrote his smoke-and-mirrors diatribe HERE, but STILL did not respond to Sally or I, nor did he send a 'like kind' pad.
10) Greg has FINALLY, subsequent to a post-after-post hammering, 'STATED' here that he has "handled" the problem (even though he has yet to take any 'real' responsibility for POE's shortcomings).
FYI - No pad has yet been received, nor have Sally or I received ANY communication from POE by phone or email. None.
So his 'handling' of the issue is, at this point, merely more promises.
** OF SPECIAL NOTE **
Is that Greg has refused to publicly address any of the OTHER Pacific Outdoor Equipment(POE) product/customer service failures that have been raised here as part of this thread, although he is obviously aware of them.
Anyone who feels that POE has lived up to their 'lifetime warranty' in this case; needs to BUY a POE pad (or any other POE product) and find out for themselves (at their peril), what 'lifetime warranty' means @ POE, but POE has seen MY last purchase.
After all, if they need to have their 'feet held to the fire' to do the right thing - what does THAT say?
"'Integrity' is doing the right thing when NO ONE is watching"