(JBend) - F

Locale: PNW
Missing on 07/01/2011 13:00:43 MDT Print View

Where is the mini-fridge? :-)

John West
(skyzo)

Locale: Borah Gear
Man Cave on 08/10/2011 23:04:29 MDT Print View

Very cool, except for that Raiders sticker ;)

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Man Cave on 08/10/2011 23:12:42 MDT Print View

Ah, I was just talking about this very subject the other day with a buddy of mine. I'm kinda lucky, as a bachelor, my entire house is a man cave! 2 bikes in the master bedroom, another in the small alcove just outside the bedroom, living room full of exercise equipment, 2 upstairs bedrooms with backpacking gear littered about, a third with a bunch of old computer equipment, a garage with lots of tools and a new Mini Cooper for go-karting around twisty roads on weekends..... Living the dream, man, living the dream. Now if I could just find a nice backpacking lady to share it all with........ I'd even start picking my laundry up off the floor...... Well, most of it anyway.......

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Man Cave on 08/10/2011 23:16:09 MDT Print View

I've been in that cave. Don't worry there is a fridge. And a sink!

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: Man Cave on 08/11/2011 11:03:41 MDT Print View

Just looking at that pic lowers my BP several points. It's the instant zen state one achieves when they're somewhere they truly belong. ;-)

(Ditto on the Raiders sticker :-P )

Cheers,

Rick

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Man Cave on 08/11/2011 11:12:49 MDT Print View

Where's the big screen and the stripper pole?

Nancy Turner
(ursulaM) - F
Re: Man Cave on 03/30/2012 01:55:41 MDT Print View

Pertaining to man cave, males need a sanctuary, from rooms festooned with doilies, stuff from Bed, Bath and Beyond, and to rest his weary bones upon sofas and chairs chosen solely for their comfort without regard to décor, fengs that have been shuied or anything else. This area is the man cave, which more people are putting in their homes and it's not a bad move for the homes' value either. To read more, go here: Putting in a man cave will not necessarily hurt home value

Edited by ursulaM on 03/30/2012 01:57:52 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Man Cave on 03/30/2012 08:39:58 MDT Print View

"Pertaining to man cave, males need a sanctuary, from rooms festooned with doilies, stuff from Bed, Bath and Beyond, and to rest his weary bones upon sofas and chairs chosen solely for their comfort without regard to décor, fengs that have been shuied or anything else. This area is the man cave, which more people are putting in their homes and it's not a bad move for the homes' value either. To read more, go here: Putting in a man cave will not necessarily hurt home value"

Whereas females need to retreat to a room festooned with even more doilies, potpourris, and rest their not so weary bones in uncomfortable sofas and chairs.
Sigh.

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Re: Re: Man Cave on 03/30/2012 09:05:07 MDT Print View

Sounds very familiar albeit in much less space. One never knows when a model M ps/2 keyboard will be needed.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Man Cave on 03/30/2012 09:08:58 MDT Print View

Doilies !

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Man Cave on 03/30/2012 09:20:14 MDT Print View

Oh, shoot Cameron, now BPL knows...
This is where I come to rest after an exhausting day of decorating, baking and chatting on the phone. It's not that comfy, but who cares? I look so pretty while I sit there! Plus if I turn just right, no one can see that big chip on my shoulder ; )

Chris C
(cvcass) - MLife

Locale: State of Jefferson
hide the chip on 03/30/2012 10:09:37 MDT Print View

Just put a doily over that huge chip...

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Re: Re: Man Cave on 03/30/2012 14:18:54 MDT Print View

Kat P,

I agree with your objection, it doesn't have to be a Mars v Venus thing. But it is a constant conflict between people that primarily value function, versus other types of people that primary value design form over functionality.

For some strange cosmic reason, very often, Form people and Function people gravitate towards each other, hence the conflict. The cosmos are setting us up for conflict. Zeus is laughing his butt off.

Edited by RogerDodger on 03/30/2012 14:19:39 MDT.