Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Enertia Trail Foods
Display Avatars Sort By:
Erik Dietz
(erikdtz)

Locale: Los Angeles
Enertia Trail Foods on 06/29/2011 23:17:00 MDT Print View

I was just checking their website and everything looks good. Anyone actually had some of their food? Recommendations?

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Sodium?? on 07/01/2011 20:37:26 MDT Print View

What is the sodium content of the average meal?

EXTREMELY high sodium is the real problem with most freeze-dried food except Mary Jane Farms entrees. Taste can be better enhanced by spices (more expensive) than by sodium.

My recommendation is learn to make Freezer Bag recipies. They are delicious and far cheaper than freeze-dried food since the ingredients come mainly from supermarkets.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Sodium?? on 07/01/2011 21:32:40 MDT Print View

Yeah, they are pretty high on many of them - so read each label. They are on par with say Mt. House.

As well, some of their foods contain artificial coloring if you are looking to avoid that.

There are acceptable ones and they are decent enough but I wouldn't say gourmet. You will want to consider adding more protein though - a lot of people who eat them add in chicken, beef or fish.

Nathan Lare
(cirque) - MLife
Enertia Trail Foods on 07/09/2011 15:50:33 MDT Print View

Strictly based on taste....

My favorites are the Parker Pass Potatoes (this one goes on every trip) and EL CAPITAN 3 BEAN CHILI (usually take along some chili flakes to add a little more heat to this one). The Silverton Scallops are very similar to the Parker Pass Potatoes. The San Jaun Stroganoff is pretty good too. If you like couscous, the Blue Mountain Bear Mush is good.

I will say I was disappointed with both of the cheesecakes and have never bought them again.