November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB One Person Tarp
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kyle Purcell
(dufus934) - F

Locale: North Texas
WTB One Person Tarp on 06/27/2011 23:01:25 MDT Print View

I am taking steps to lighten my base weight (aren't we all), and the shelter is up next. I am currently using a TT Contrail, and I want a tarp that is at least half that weight (24 oz; making the tarp I want 12 oz at the most). I would like a catenary cut tarp large enough for one person and gear (or 2 people). Silnylon is good enough, but if someone has a cheap cuben tarp they're looking to off load, that would be great too. I am new to tarp camping, so something with a lot of tie-outs for multiple pitches would be great. I would like to have something that is basically a good tarp to learn on. Sorry for the long explanation, but I the more detail I give the better change I'll have of getting what I want...hopefully.