Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
My Summer 2011 overnight trip list
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ole Saether
(osaether) - MLife

Locale: Norway
My Summer 2011 overnight trip list on 06/26/2011 13:33:32 MDT Print View

Below is my new Summer 2011 overnight trip list.

I got the tent last week and have used it once. It is a really fine tent but a bit difficult to pitch right. The inner tent is fastened to the outer tent and the pole is used in the outer tent (as on most tents made over here). I have removed two of the 11 tent stakes since I will use the two included with the Caldera.

The Caldera Cone is the one for the Snow Peak Mini Solo which has about the same diameter as the 550-SUL. I store it in a cut off water bottle (15 grams included in the weight below).

I have not decided what pot grabber to use yet. I might bring a bandana or use another Leatherman (e.g Squirt PS4, add 33 grams). Maybe I can use my spare socks?

I have not added a map and compass but I will bring them as needed (add around 80g).

The nylon pouch is used for the toiletries, repair and emergency items. The compression sack is used for the sleeping bag and I might leave it out since the backpack is more than big enough.

Summer 2011 overnight trip list

Edited by osaether on 06/26/2011 13:37:21 MDT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
overnight on 06/26/2011 15:43:20 MDT Print View

list looks pretty good :)- agree the compression sack can stay home if you've got the room in your pack

I always carry light wool gloves (and hat) which can double as a pot grabber

things that I'm not seeing (and possibly unneeded where your at) rain gear, water purification

also first aid?

Ole Saether
(osaether) - MLife

Locale: Norway
Re: My Summer 2011 overnight trip list on 06/27/2011 12:28:23 MDT Print View

My pants and jacket are waterproof (I hope...)

Usually it is safe to drink water without purifying in Norway. In my 20+ years of hiking in the woods and mountains of Norway I have never done anything with the water before drinking it and I have never been sick.

Nevertheless this year I have bought two water filters (Aquamira Frontier Pro and SteriPEN Adventurer Opti) because it has been a record year for lemmings (http://www.hemsedal.com/en-gb/Summer-Activities/Hiking/News/Record-year-for-lemmings-in-the-mountain.aspx). I will add one of them to my list as well as some first aid.