Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Why do A-holes drink light beer?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chas Ho
(i_charles) - F
"Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 13:28:47 MDT Print View

This has been a generally silly thread.
Obviously, littering of anything including all product lines or brand names is a shame. BTW I drink Old Milwaukee Light and Guiness Extra Stout. Noone told me what to drink. I try different beers and I like what I like. Likewise, I enjoy a Mcdonald's McDouble sandwich and I enjoy Salmon. Phoney on taste and culture...obviously I have serious issues..haha

patrick walsh
(apbt1976) - F
All in good fun.. on 06/25/2011 13:42:39 MDT Print View

This thread i funny to most from whatever side of the fence you sit i am sure. And not littering and hacking up trees is not funny at all. People getting offended via the interweb is funny......

Chris S
(csteutterman) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Why do A-holes drink light beer? on 06/25/2011 13:56:50 MDT Print View

Note to self, don't ever show up at a BPL get together with shiny new traditional gear or light beer.

I think the real question is why do these yahoos drink Aquafina bottled water? I had to pack out 3 partially melted bottles last weekend that were left in a firepit....along with a bunch of shotgun shells. Can't they at least drink Evian? The strange part about the littering is that it apparently wasn't a problem to hike in with the full bottles, but packing out the empty bottles is too much?

And while I generally don't drink light beer, on a really hot summer day I prefer it. Clearly the heat makes me stupid.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
watah on 06/25/2011 14:15:06 MDT Print View

posers (or was it poseurs) actually drink bottle water ... at least the ones who mutter all about being green and hugging trees while sipping water from a newly opened bottle ... thats posing !!!

i find more bottled water and pop empties than beer or other such ... maybe our littering azzholes are more sober when committing the crime?

hmmmm

Brian Gentry
(Treegreen) - F
"Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 15:39:39 MDT Print View

I think to a certain extent it probably has more to do with age than with the state of A-holeness. Really, the only people I know who both camp and drink PBR/Nat Light/Bud Light are mostly poor college students. You can buy a gigantic case of any of those on the cheap. The hacking of trees is probably in direct proportion to how much alcohol one has consumed. I'm also assuming these are easily accessible car camping sites.

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 16:06:33 MDT Print View

Oh, don't throw PBR in will that riff-raff. That's a respectable, budget beer.

te - wa
(mikeinfhaz) - F

Locale: Phoenix
Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 16:50:51 MDT Print View

despite that PBR is cheap, i have never seen a PBR in a fire pit.. huh.
this reminds me - now that i think of it.. isnt there some redneck "mascot" named Keith Stone who is supposed to be a small-time hero to other rednecks who aspire to be nothing more than lifelong rednecks? i saw a keystone commercial on youtube and didnt know if i was supposed to laugh or choke to death.

have you guys seen this idiot?
reminder that Keith Stone is not just a character, he's REAL, and he votes!

Edited by mikeinfhaz on 06/25/2011 16:58:43 MDT.

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 17:58:02 MDT Print View

Anyway, the whole thing is stupid. Its obviously kids partying and kids will buy the cheapest beer so they can buy more of it. I doubt its adults hacking aimlessly at trees after a long week at work. I guess thats what got me mad about the thread- the idea that its hard working normal families trying to pay the bills that get blamed as a group for childishness behavior.
EDITED

Edited by MAYNARD76 on 06/25/2011 19:51:51 MDT.

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Re: Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 18:08:03 MDT Print View

Wait, I think Brian's an okay guy. Now I have to rethink everything. But I still don't like littering.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Bud light is the most available on 06/25/2011 18:11:14 MDT Print View

The gist of the argument is Bud Light is probably the most available brand, thus will make up most of the litter vs. say, Guinness. Surprised other areas don't have aluminum can gleaners like we have (both nationalities). Around here, an aluminum can will likely be making it's way back to a recycling plant of either border within 1-2 days of being tossed.

Your taste in beer depends how hopped up you want it or if you want an insane ABV like some Belgium brews. Lights are good on sunny afternoon but ....

Demon Rum rules!!!!

Edited by hknewman on 06/25/2011 18:20:20 MDT.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: Bud light is the most available on 06/25/2011 18:19:58 MDT Print View

I never see anyone drink bud light up here... or Busch....

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 18:22:58 MDT Print View

Here in Portland as well as other cities in Oregon there is a perverse attitude to littering because of our bottle/can deposit system. I collect about 10 cans or bottles a week off of my very urban property. Many people don't see this as littering because the homeless and other types pick up these bottles or cans. We are about to increase the deposits and types of bottles and I expect the situation to change for the worse. As the economy worsened last year I watched the craft and imported litter turn into much cheaper brands. We are also supposed to begin putting food waste in with yard debris. Imagine chicken in 95 degree heated cans for a week. Sometimes a Great Notion...

Edited by Meander on 06/25/2011 18:23:47 MDT.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: Re: Bud light is the most available on 06/25/2011 18:24:05 MDT Print View

I never see anyone drink bud light up here... or Busch....

I'm on the other border (Cd Juarez, Mexico) until December, then hopefully I will be up at the Canadian border (Vancouver). Bud Light is very popular south and east of Paso del Norte. Thought it was popular throughout the US, .. maybe not.

Edited by hknewman on 06/25/2011 18:43:14 MDT.

te - wa
(mikeinfhaz) - F

Locale: Phoenix
Re: Re: Re: Re: "Why do A-holes drink light beer?" on 06/25/2011 18:27:30 MDT Print View

brian: miller lite, per 6 pack, 72oz... $6.50 for 4.2% alcohol. 4.2% of 72oz is a measley 3.024 oz of alcohol. that's basically 3 shots for $6.50, $2.15 per ounce of alcohol.

as an example, a MAN beer like Bell's Two Hearted IPA is 7% alcohol, and for a cost of $10.00 you are getting 5 oz of alcohol per six pack. $2 per oz of alcohol.

i dont have to point out that COST is not applicable. even if cost was, i'd go for flavor over crapp.

you?

miller lite: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/105/332

two hearted: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/1093

thanks for playing!

Edited by mikeinfhaz on 06/25/2011 18:41:35 MDT.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Light beer on 06/25/2011 18:37:27 MDT Print View

I don't think it's a snobbery thing. I do the adopt-a-road thing and I rarely see a full strength beer can. It's easily 95%+ light beer cans. And the big leader, by a long shot, is Keystone Light. Keystone probably costs the same as Keystone Light so who know why it runs that way. But numbers don't lie. I'm just happy that the number of cigarette butts keeps going down.

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
evian? on 06/25/2011 18:49:00 MDT Print View

You do know what Evian spells backwards, right?

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Re: Light beer on 06/25/2011 18:52:59 MDT Print View

Randy its harder to drive with that 5% stuff...

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
inaccurate on 06/25/2011 18:57:11 MDT Print View

I am a geek, not a snob. As anyone who has seen me with a can of Bud can attest. That doesn't mean I buy it for myself, but I'm not too good to drink it, which is what snob implies.

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: evian? on 06/25/2011 19:00:26 MDT Print View

LOL!

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Re: inaccurate on 06/25/2011 19:00:36 MDT Print View

bud is just rare up here, and busch is non-existent. Canadian/Coors/Kokanee and the smaller brewery stuff(Kieth's/Big Rock) are the big beers here.

I'm not to good to drink it if I didn't pay for it.