Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
First MYOG pack
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brian Hall
(brian2o0o) - F
First MYOG pack on 06/24/2011 17:53:22 MDT Print View

This is my first attempt at making a pack. I took features from the Golite Ion/ MLD Burn and put them together to come up with the design. It came out alot better than I was expecting. I used the green xpac from rockywoods, 70D for the roll top, 3d mesh for the straps, and lycra for the front pocket. Only thing left to do is add the 1/2" compression strap and buckle across the top. It weighs 8.8oz right now, but I have alot of trimming to do on the shoulder and waist straps. I'm thinking it should end up around 8oz. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: First MYOG pack on 06/24/2011 18:01:32 MDT Print View

It looks awfully narrow. Will it hold a bear canister, or does that matter to you? The minimum diameter for bear canisters is 7 inches, although most of them are 8 inches or more.

--B.G.--

Brian Hall
(brian2o0o) - F
size on 06/24/2011 18:08:34 MDT Print View

Bear cannisters aren't necessary where I'm at. I'm in the southeast and do most of my hiking on the AT or other lesser known trails in NC, SC, and GA. Its the same dimensions as the main pack of the burn, so it's probably 1400-1500.

Dustin Snyder
(DustinTSnyder)

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: First MYOG pack on 06/24/2011 20:14:52 MDT Print View

I like it! Keep up the good work! I love the Golite Ion and MLD Burn pack hybrids!
Dustin

Edited by DustinTSnyder on 06/24/2011 20:19:03 MDT.

Patrick S
(xpatrickxad) - F

Locale: Upper East TN
Re: First MYOG pack on 06/25/2011 07:50:45 MDT Print View

Looks sharp. I love the narrow look. Be sure to post pictures when you finalize all the details left. That color looks great.