Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek on 06/21/2011 12:11:48 MDT Print View

Did a hike back in late May with a buddy to the Santa Cruz Station in the Los Padres National Forest behind Santa Barbara, CA.

We spent a couple of days exploring the creeks and just generally enjoying ourselves.

A few of my favorite shots from the trip are shown here.

The rest, with captions, can be found here

Edited by NickB on 06/21/2011 12:45:06 MDT.

Jerry Wick
(JerryW) - F

Locale: Illinois
Re: Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek on 06/21/2011 17:37:29 MDT Print View

That's a great set of photos you have on Picasa. Looks like a great area.

Andy Duncan
(bluewater) - M

Locale: SoCal
Santa Cruz Creek on 06/23/2011 22:44:33 MDT Print View

The green color of that water is beautiful. Great waterfalls, nice fishing, looks like it was a good time. I've got to check out that area sometime soon. Thanks for the trip report, much appreciated.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek on 06/24/2011 17:19:25 MDT Print View

Being from the east coast, I don't know much about the Los Padres National Forest (is "the Los" redundant?). However, it looks like you found some really special places...blossoms, snakes, waterfalls, fish, etc.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Los Padres National Forest: Santa Cruz Creek on 06/25/2011 11:40:38 MDT Print View

Nick,

Great trip!! You picked the perfect window of opportunity... weather, water, and flowers. I enjoyed all the pictures.