Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
GG Spinnshelter Question
Display Avatars Sort By:
Justin C
(paintballr4life) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
GG Spinnshelter Question on 06/16/2011 10:02:51 MDT Print View

Now I know the specs on this from the GG website, but I was wondering if anyone who owns one can tell me the exact weight of theirs with guylines and seam sealing. Thanks

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
Weight?! on 06/16/2011 10:54:52 MDT Print View

Mine is 277g incl. guylines, Stuffsack is 11 g. Seam sealing is not necessary, and I have spent plenty of nights in the rain in it without problems, also a thunderstorm didn't manage to drive any rain through the seams. Really awesome shelter.

[Which leads me to conclude that seam sealing is overrated/ necessary if the stitching is rubbish =]

JJ Mathes
(JMathes) - F

Locale: Southeast US
GG Spinnshelter Question on 06/16/2011 10:58:31 MDT Print View

Justin, mine with lengthy EZC 2mm guy lines, line locks and ridgeline seam sealed weighs 9.8oz w/o stuff sack
weight will vary depending on length of guy lines

Edited by JMathes on 06/16/2011 11:00:21 MDT.

Justin C
(paintballr4life) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
re: on 06/16/2011 13:09:39 MDT Print View

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: GG Spinnshelter Question on 06/16/2011 15:08:53 MDT Print View

10.15oz with stuff sack, guylines, and seam sealed.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: GG Spinnshelter Question on 06/16/2011 15:31:18 MDT Print View

I've had one of the original SpinnShelters (with the two-flap door in the rear) for about seven years now and have used it in all sorts of weather, from steaming summer days to torrential rains and in spite of not having seam sealed it never had a problem. It's the shelter I inevitably always come back to after trying everything else. Mine weighs 268 g (9.5 oz.). Guylines, 28 g. Stuff sack 15 g. I also use a short rear aluminum pole, cut to the height of the rear peak in storm mode (I raise the front of the shelter, but not the rear) instead of a regular trekking pole (I prefer carrying only one trekking pole), which weighs 32 g.

Robert Carver
(Rcarver) - MLife

Locale: Southeast TN
re:spinnshelter on 06/17/2011 09:26:00 MDT Print View

9.2 oz seam sealed with triptease line. Absolutely my favorite shelter.