(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review on 06/14/2011 14:47:16 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review on 06/14/2011 18:40:00 MDT Print View

I Find this Jacket to be pretty solid. If this was constructed the same way as an Arc'teryx Alpha SL I probably would never buy another style of jacket. Best jacket I've used under $200(Retail) I paid 90 for mine.

Don Selesky
(backslacker) - M
Availability on 06/15/2011 06:17:52 MDT Print View

Unfortunately, the GoLite online store is out of the pants and almost out of the jacket (limited color selection).

WV Hiker
(vdeal)

Locale: West Virginia
Kenai on 06/15/2011 07:47:34 MDT Print View

If you go up one notch to the Golite Kenai you get velcro wrist closures instead of the elastic. I don't like the elastic either since I can't vent my arms.

Warren Wilkinson
(icensnow) - M

Locale: New England, USA
finally! on 06/24/2011 09:57:12 MDT Print View

It's great to see more fabrics reaching the market that actually do what GoreTex has only promised to do for approx 30 years.

Thanks for the review.

Arapiles .
(Arapiles) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Membrane/PU coating on 07/05/2011 03:49:21 MDT Print View

"A waterproof/breathable membrane (in this case the Pertex Shield DS) is laminated to one side ... "

Just to be picky - a PU coating isn't a membrane - and the Pertex marketing blurb quoted specifically states that Shield is a coating.

Edited by Arapiles on 07/05/2011 03:52:23 MDT.

James McDaniel
(BigEarth) - F
GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review on 09/21/2011 11:42:06 MDT Print View

I just receive one. I was amazed that it doesn't come with a pocket that acts as a stuff stack. I figured I was looking at something wrong and I contacted Golite and they said....sorry...it doesn't have one.