Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Freezing Energy Bars
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Pietriyk
(pietriyk) - F

Locale: Northeastern PA
Freezing Energy Bars on 11/25/2006 11:26:36 MST Print View

Hello, would like to know if anyone has had success freezing Clif bars to keep them fresh. Just bought several boxes of them very cheap (.24 ea), but the date is before next summer, when I'll probably use them. I doubt they'll be dangerous by then, maybe stale. I was going to double-bag them and put them in the freezer. Thanks for the help.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
freezing bars on 12/03/2006 17:54:48 MST Print View

I've frozen the Clif Carrot Cake bars before. They were okay but they didn't taste as good as the fresh ones. That said they weren't horrible either. I was in the same boat - they were about to expire.

Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Re: freezing bars on 12/04/2006 08:47:31 MST Print View

I froze Big Sur bars with great success. Some were in the freezer over 5 months and I did not notice a difference in texture or taste...and they would unthaw within an hour of being removed from the freezer.

Kevin Pietriyk
(pietriyk) - F

Locale: Northeastern PA
thanks on 12/04/2006 08:58:05 MST Print View

Thanks for the replies. I thought they'd be OK, if not perfectly fresh. I couldn't pass up the deal, they were at our local drugstore on clearance, I think I got 35 bars or so for 24 cents each. They will be enough for me and my son for next season, plus some! Now I'm working on some pemmican that my best friend made, it's absolutely delicious and just about pure calories, made from wild blueberries, dried venison, and deer fat. Sounds nasty until you're hungry and it's below 20 degrees outside, then it's ambrosia.