X-static and nanotechnology
Display Avatars Sort By:
paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
X-static and nanotechnology on 11/25/2006 06:48:20 MST Print View

Just an FYI if anyone is interested.

Somehow the Ag in X-static socks is now considered a form of "Nanotechnology".

Anyways, be that as it may, i've used FoxRiver socks with "X-Static" technology for a couple of yrs now. They do work as advertised - no stink. I performed a "stink" test whose details will remain classified. In a nutshell, it was a shorter duration version of a "stink" test i personally conducted on BPL's PossumDown socks (all in the interest of Science, mind you), whose details will also remain classified.

Another interesting side effect of the thin FoxRiver LinerSocks with X-Static is (and having been very interested in Meridian Theory which underlies Accupuncture and Accupressure and Shiatsu, as well as some MA techniques for about four decades now) that nearly immediately after donning a pair of these liner socks, my feet immediately begin to warm up (sort of an extremely slight, almost unoticeable, "tingly" feeling - even before donning a pair of merino wool hiking socks over them. A very interesting effect to say the least which i think is in some fashion distantly related to Meridian Theory - as Ag is one of two metals (the other being Au) which is used in classical accupuncture to either stimulate or surpress bio-electrical activity (Qi in Pinyin transliteration, aka Chi in Wade-Giles transliteration or Ki in Japanese or Korean) along Meridians or "nerve tracks" (take this description somewhat loosely please as multiple nerves can be involved).

i've tried to deny that this phenomenon is happening and even have switched back and forth right there and then b/t merino liners, p'down socks, and the x-static socks, but it only happens with the x-static socks; very weird and i don't really understand this phenonmenon.

Anyways, here is a link to a Yahoo News article on X-Static technology

Edited by pj on 12/06/2006 04:30:29 MST.

ROBERT TANGEN
(RobertM2S) - M

Locale: Lake Tahoe
Re: X-static on 11/25/2006 19:41:13 MST Print View

PJ: As you know, acupuncture points (also called "acupoints or tsubo") are locations on the body that are distributed along the meridians as well as numerous other "extra points" that are not associated with a particular meridian. The Traditional Chinese Medicine theory for the selection of such points and their effectiveness is that they work by stimulating the meridian system to bring about relief by rebalancing yin, yang and qi (also spelled "chi" or "ki"). Body acupoints are generally located by a measurement technique, called the cun, that is calibrated according to their proportional distances from various landmark points on the body.
I have blown up the picture of your Avatar, and have calculated some of the tsubo, specifically, those points that make you X-Static. For a mere 2 oz of Au, I will perform certain incantations, along with a secret acupuncture technique, on the blow-up of your Avatar. If the Au is OK, you will become X-Static, I guarantee it. (Have I ever lied to you?)