Forum Index » Chaff » Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye....

Display Avatars Sort By:
Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/08/2011 21:09:14 MDT Print View

So, I've been incredibly busy, and haven't been on BPL for a while now. I need my fix.

Anything noteworthy over the last few months?

I have gotten to take my Alpacka down some rivers and rapids, and have spent some nights in a tent, so I'm not a complete failure.

But what's been happening here!?

(Me on the Peshtigo River in Wisconsin---yes, I should probably have a helmet on)
4tu

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
What you missed on 06/08/2011 21:22:51 MDT Print View

Oh, boy, where to begin...BPL had a sale but only non members were allowed to pre order; Idester wanted a pony because he had this chair made but it worked better as a saddle; Nick watched the last episode of Oprah and now supports Obamacare; tents are best not packed but worn in a kilt like fashion; the Milkman came back, then left again and everybody is still looking for him, rumor has it he hiked in bear country with the wrong sized staff and only had a steripen to treat his water but it failed him...

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: What you missed on 06/08/2011 21:25:26 MDT Print View

Excellent summation Kat!

ROFFL!

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Travis on 06/08/2011 22:50:18 MDT Print View

Welcome back Travis. Sounds like you've been out having fun..

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/09/2011 03:26:27 MDT Print View

We also discovered that neither silnylon nor cuben fiber can keep you dry , you can get a perfectly good 10oz shelter for $35 , the planet is either warming up or getting cooler (why things can't remain the same ?) Douglas does not want to be serious ever, Alpackas have a pointier nose ,( but you know that), no matter what knife you have there is a better one.
A bear asked if Mike Clelland "goes" in the woods.
But apart from that , nothing happened.
Franco

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/09/2011 05:22:39 MDT Print View

@Travis: The Pestigo in a packraft? My how things have changed (IIRC, Whitewater/Quietwater's summary of the Pestigo was "Meaner than a junkyard dog in high water" and with the spring we've had it must have been consistently high!

@Kat ROTFHOL (Howling!, not merely laughing) ... it's nice to be reminded to not take our obsessions too seriously.

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Hilarious on 06/09/2011 08:19:12 MDT Print View

Kat and Franco, man, I havent been on here much either but what a summary. That was so funny! I feel like i missed out!

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye... on 06/09/2011 08:42:04 MDT Print View

Kat,
You need to get a LIFE (as in MLIFE membership)!

Only then can you also hypotheticaly enjoy the hypothetical MLIFE membership benefits. :)

Edited by thomdarrah on 06/09/2011 08:57:19 MDT.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/09/2011 17:31:36 MDT Print View

"A bear asked if Mike Clelland "goes" in the woods."

And Mike asked if the bear used TP.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/09/2011 17:34:17 MDT Print View

"@Kat ROTFHOL (Howling!, not merely laughing) ... it's nice to be reminded to not take our obsessions too seriously"

+ at least 10.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: What you missed on 06/09/2011 19:48:20 MDT Print View

HAHA, I've been MIA for a while aswell and this thread is just too funny. Thanks!

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: What you missed on 06/09/2011 20:07:37 MDT Print View

Thanks!! You guys and gals crack me up!

Kat, thanks for the summary. Its good to hear that Doug is still a goofball, Franco still has his unique sense of humor, Mike C! still can't come to grips with using TP, and the world is still warming and cooling at the same time.

Jim, the Peshtigo has some not-so-crazy sections. Then it has some junkyard dog sections. I plan to do those soon :D

Michael Mathisen
(mathix)

Locale: Oregon
Re: Alas, BPL, I've neglected ye.... on 06/09/2011 22:40:23 MDT Print View

And apparently wiki is still dead.