10 oz ,45" tripod
Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: @Tarptent
10 oz ,45" tripod on 06/08/2011 17:30:26 MDT Print View

This is new to me.
(spotted in town yesterday)
Stands at 45", 15" long collapsed, can hold up to 3lbs.
And yes , the legs are "tent poles".
ZipShot tripod

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: 10 oz ,45" tripod on 06/08/2011 17:41:55 MDT Print View

I bought one earlier in the week. I'm impressed with it for my Canon S95. It is stable enough for most situations. In researching it I hit upon some good news: Tamrac has developed a set of 2 quick releases for it which they hope become available this summer. There is already a knock off of the Zipshot on Ebay . I think it can be made a bit steadier too. Look at the red elastic with knots which it uses to hold the legs together. I think additional larger pieces of this elastic could be used to tightly wrap the legs when they are extended in typical tripod fashion. For my Canon I can also get a mirror viewer which would let me look straight down into the mirror while standing to compose the shot. Scroll to page 55 to see the new quick release kit and cases . This information was just released.

Edited by Meander on 06/08/2011 18:28:55 MDT.

Dondo .

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: 10 oz ,45" tripod on 06/08/2011 18:26:35 MDT Print View

Hi Franco, I got one when they first came out. It's great to have a tripod with a ball head at this weight. Mine weighs 11.2 oz. Many of the shots of my Costa Rica trip were taken with a Fuji E900 on this tripod. A couple of caveats. With its thin aluminum legs it's a bit shaky. A carbon fiber version would be better. Also, it works best with small,light p&s cameras. I felt that my 25 oz. DSLR and lens overloaded it.