Forum Index » Gear Swap » Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: you guys are a bunch of vultures on 06/07/2011 21:40:00 MDT Print View

Brown nosing won't get you advanced notice either I bet Josh. LOL!

Joshua Billings
(Joshua) - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca
worth a try on 06/07/2011 22:12:16 MDT Print View

It might. I just couldn't remember to look around noon on both days. Short term memory loss.

Will Webster
(WillWeb) - M
Double bivy on 06/08/2011 05:05:12 MDT Print View

Payment sent on #51. Ready to make the jump from a tent.

Edited by WillWeb on 06/08/2011 09:52:03 MDT.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 09:24:22 MDT Print View

I have a few more messages to respond to that came in overnight so if you asked for an item you should be hearing from me shortly. So, if you successfully 'won' an item in this sale you have already heard from me.

I have received payment for probably half or more of the items but I have NOT contacted anyone to verify this so please remain patient.

I'll be collating my mailing list as well as beginning to pack and ship paid items beginning this afternoon. Once your item is paid, packed, and shipped you will receive a brief email from me with your tracking information.

I sold nearly 100 items so there is the potential for a critical piece of information to have fallen through the cracks and if something seems to be awry please don't hesitate to contact me. I politely request you not do so until Friday afternoon or preferably Monday. More than likely I will know if information is missing and I will contact you.

If you need to contact me it would be best to do so by replying to the original message I sent you that included Paypal information. Including your name, address, and item(s) won in the message will make it all that much easier for me to track down and solve any problems as well.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 09:33:49 MDT Print View

Item list is updated and remaining items have reduced prices listed.

Yohei Aoyagi
(zzz_bear) - MLife

Locale: Tokyo
Re: Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 09:34:05 MDT Print View

Sam,

Backpacks and accessories sale is today?

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 09:42:37 MDT Print View

All items available have been listed and sold. There will be no more items listed along with this sale. Thanks to everyone for the fervor and for helping us clean out the gear shed and raise some money.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 14:19:18 MDT Print View

Item has been relisted:

85 POE Insulmat $ 25.00 torso length, orange

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/08/2011 16:07:23 MDT Print View

Original offer has been rescinded. Item is re-listed:

84 - Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina 15 bag - $ 60.00 - Blue, size regular (marked as 31" x 78"), 1231g

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
re: BPL Used Gear Sale - shipping? on 06/09/2011 11:31:53 MDT Print View

Anybody received notice yet that their purchase has shipped? Not that I'm overly eager or anything...

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale...did I blink? on 06/09/2011 20:24:51 MDT Print View

100 items in 1-2 days, and I missed all but the last 2 items?!? I'm not upset, but also think that life members and members should have gotten first crack at the sale items (after staff, scouts, etc...I get that aspect). Again, not mad, don't want to make a stink, but that's my opinion.

I hope expressing my opinion will not prevent me from participating in future BPL sales. ;)
Tom

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/10/2011 13:38:25 MDT Print View

All the orders from this sale have now shipped (except for a few with outstanding issues - but those people have been notified). I will be providing tracking numbers later in the day.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/10/2011 15:25:22 MDT Print View

I re-posted the list of all the gear that sold in this swap. Prices may have dropped from what is listed throughout the sale but most everything should be accurate.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
uh oh... on 06/10/2011 19:48:30 MDT Print View

Now that I have a Lightheart Duo on the way here from the BPL used gear sale, I am going to have some 'splaining to do; my boyfriend is not going to understand why I bought yet another tent (after kinda sorta agreeing I wouldn't get any more). It's my money, so it's not a spending approval thing, I think he just worries that I'm some kind of addict. (??? How could he think such a thing?)

Besides, it's a two-person tent, so it's really for his benefit too, right?

I'm just afraid it'll arrive when he's home and I'm not.

Al Nichols
(everready) - F

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio
I don't know.. on 06/10/2011 20:11:13 MDT Print View

If I had a woman that was a big of gear freak as I am...... that would be a dream come true..............

You mean they actually exist?? There is hope after all!!!!

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale on 06/10/2011 20:18:33 MDT Print View

I think everything gets listed when I am asleep here down under :((

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Cool sale who got the quilt? on 06/10/2011 22:53:50 MDT Print View

Well that was a cool sale, I bet Sam's got a headach. I won't say anything about the whole debate because I totally missed it and I'm not going through all that, I have much better things to do. I will say I've dealt with Sam and other BPL staff and they've always been very easy to work with and eager to help out in any way they can, it makes me want to keep buysing stuff from them.

I'm dying to hear from whoever got the 40 oz winter quilt. I don't need one of those but I'd be interested to know what its like and how it compares to other winter bags. I get the impression some folks at BPL are experimenting with a lot of designs that never get sold (probably for good reasons). I'd love to see an article about all the ideas that flopped or all the things that were cool but no one would buy them.

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
wow, USPS on 06/11/2011 15:47:24 MDT Print View

My stuff is here already! woo-hoo!

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: wow, USPS on 06/11/2011 15:58:40 MDT Print View

I'm jealous. I got Fedex, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
re: used gear sale on 06/11/2011 16:10:41 MDT Print View

Well, my LH Duo just came! That's the good news. The bad news is that it has no ridge strut with it, so I can't set it up. Very frustrating considering how much I've been anticipating this, but really not the end of the world. I'll be PMing Sam just to see if there's any chance it missed getting in the box, and if not, I guess I'll have to wait till I can get one from Lightheart.