Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another reason to carry a light pack....

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Bennett
(ken_bennett) - F

Locale: southeastern usa
Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/23/2011 17:39:38 MDT Print View

Reasons to carry a light pack

Carrying a light pack means you can carry other things on a weekend trip. A real wine glass makes even the box of French Rabbit Pinot Noir taste pretty darn good. At 110 grams each, they are well worth carrying. Good friends, some nice red wine, and a beautiful campsite in the Mt Rogers National Recreation Area - what's not to like?

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
Oh, yeah! on 05/23/2011 17:46:16 MDT Print View

Beats Everclear mixed with pond water, that's for sure!

Stargazer

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/23/2011 17:46:37 MDT Print View

Excellent tip and picture!

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/23/2011 17:53:02 MDT Print View

actual wine glasses....very impressed!

Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/23/2011 18:01:27 MDT Print View

How do you protect them?

I'd be afraid of ending up with broken glass at the end of the day, having torn my gear to pieces after many miles.

Ken Bennett
(ken_bennett) - F

Locale: southeastern usa
Re: Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/24/2011 08:04:59 MDT Print View

Oh, sorry, they are Lexan (acrylic), not glass. They are actually nicer than some glass wine glasses we have at home. Sorry for the confusion.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/24/2011 09:27:39 MDT Print View

You can get plastic ones without the stem too-- the shape of the bowl being the thing that makes the difference in air/bouquet.

Scotch and titanium works for me :)

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Re: Another reason to carry a light pack.... on 05/24/2011 15:14:00 MDT Print View

The Lexan wine glasses are kind of neat. They unscrew apart in the middle. Then you reverse the positions and screw the bottom onto the top opening. You transport it that way until it is happy hour time.

--B.G.--

Al Nichols
(everready) - F

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio
Wine on 05/25/2011 09:48:38 MDT Print View

You................ fancy people you; just drink it out of the box!!!