They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net
Still available on 08/01/2011 17:52:16 MDT Print View

Trowels still available. A few BPLers have emailed to ask, so hopefully all uncertainties can now be put to rest. You order, I send a trowel, usually the next day.

Tyler Fisher
(qtrlbrwchs)

Locale: northern california
OG on 08/02/2011 20:05:29 MDT Print View

Payment sent for original.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Come on now on 08/02/2011 21:36:03 MDT Print View

If your trowel needs a hole, get the gol darn drill out and make a hole. Bpers and such are always altering gear anyway. Thanks for saving me an expensive oz., but it should do a better job than my single purpose aluminum tent stake and look purdier.

Duane

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Holey trowels are all I make on 08/02/2011 22:30:57 MDT Print View

Let me be perfectly clear. All the trowels I am making now and have made for the last 6 months have a small hole at the end of the handle. This will allow for a thin cord to be attached if the user so desires.

Can you dig it?

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
PM Sent again on 08/02/2011 23:55:46 MDT Print View

Love your trowel. Need another! PM sent shortly!

Dan Rimar
(tarpon6)

Locale: Florida
Trowel on 08/04/2011 06:38:53 MDT Print View

Took my titanium trowel to the Sangres and it performed beautifully. Cuts through small roots with ease. At .5 oz you don't know it's there..

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Trip coming up on 08/10/2011 14:44:17 MDT Print View

I'll be on the road, on the trail, then on the road for two weeks beginning Friday, August 26. Looking forward to 10 days in the Wind River Range. During this time, you are welcome to place orders, but I won't be checking emails or shipping trowels until I'm back on September 10.
So . . . orders placed until midnight on Thursday, August 25th, can be expected to ship the next day. Orders between August 26th and September 10th won't ship until September 12th.

September 10, 2011 UPDATE: I'm back from the Winds, so you can order and expect next day shipments again. Can you dig it?

Edited by QiWiz on 09/11/2011 14:21:42 MDT.

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Incoming on 08/10/2011 19:15:51 MDT Print View

Have just sent off payment for one big dig! Looking forward to it--very light, and I bet it cuts through tough soil much better than my plastic trowel. Also great when you have to go mano a mano with a grizzly. Well, maybe not.

Jake Willits
(TrailSavvy) - MLife

Locale: Arkansas Ozarks
hit me twice on 08/10/2011 20:29:55 MDT Print View

Paid for 2 originals on Paypal. Giving one to my buddy in Montana for hosting me next month in the "Bob".

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Way to double up! on 08/19/2011 13:44:15 MDT Print View

Q: What's better than a titanium trowel . . . ?

A: Two titanium trowels!

Can you dig it ?

Ismail Faruqi
(ismailfaruqi) - F
One Big Dig on 08/21/2011 21:33:10 MDT Print View

payment sent.

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Back from the Winds and trowels are again available . . . on 09/11/2011 14:24:04 MDT Print View

September 10, 2011 UPDATE: I'm back from 10 days backpacking in the Wind River Range, so you can order and expect next day shipments again. Can you dig it?

Ryan Krause
(rmkrause)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
woo on 09/11/2011 15:11:55 MDT Print View

Payment sent for a big dig!

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

The trowel team is getting BIG! on 09/20/2011 11:04:20 MDT Print View

I can hardly believe it myself, but I think I've now made and sold 200 trowels (I don't have an exact count, but it's plus or minus 5 from 200 at this point). A growing group are BPLers who are either getting two trowels for their initial purchase or are coming back for a second trowel for a spouse or friend. I call them "Double Diggers" . . .

You too can join Team Trowel! Can you dig it?

bryan ennis
(neeonbrowwn) - F
pointed tip on 09/20/2011 16:32:37 MDT Print View

hi,

first off, thanks for taking the time to fulfill a need not addressed by any of the big gear companies.

could you produce a semi-custom order?

i was hoping for a pointed larger trowel

thank you

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
The trowel team is getting BIG! on 09/20/2011 17:45:51 MDT Print View

Congratulations, Rob! That's a lot of trowels. You should be proud of what you've created. A lot of us are truly digging it. When you become famous, don't forget us little people that made you great! I can't wait to see what other contraptions you come up with...

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Decal for the bear canister/car on 09/20/2011 18:39:23 MDT Print View

We need a sticker for the bear canister or car.:) Just need a catchy saying.
Duane

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Pointed questions . . . on 09/20/2011 18:41:52 MDT Print View

In response to Bryan's question, it would not be difficult to make a more pointy trowel. The advantage is maybe better digging of really hard or compacted soils (personally I try to avoid these situations, but sometimes you have no other option). The disadvantage is that the pointier the trowel, the harder it is to remove loosened soil from your cathole. A tent stake or hiking pole is a good example of this disadvantage in its most extreme form. I tried to send a PM to Bryan to discuss his needs but he does not have PM set up. The bottom line is that I can remove material from the tip of an Original or Big Dig to make the profile more pointy; I just need to know how pointy you want it. Bryan or others with this need can email me a description or a photo of a drawing of what you want. Can you dig it?

I'll have to think of a decal idea. There's probably someone out there with a decal cottage industry I can use. Leave No Trace has one I like saying "Leaving Your Mark is Overrated". How about . . .

decal

Edited by QiWiz on 09/20/2011 19:53:00 MDT.

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

SPECIAL OFFER on 10/01/2011 19:09:54 MDT Print View

SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2011:
Any past or present trowel purchase gives you 10% off
($5) the price of my newest creation, the "Little Buck" saw:
15 inch blade, about 4 oz! - You know you want one ; )

Watch for Little Buck post with full description, coming very soon !!

LB1

Edited by QiWiz on 10/06/2011 05:01:46 MDT.

Tad Van Zante
(slartibartfast) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Re: They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes on 10/06/2011 10:35:42 MDT Print View

Just sent a payment for a Big Dig. Thank you!