Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Mountainfitter.com Changes and New Products
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Lawson Equipment on 05/17/2011 20:24:28 MDT Print View

Nice work...the tarps are looking really good with that new variant of cuben.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Lawson Equipment on 05/18/2011 10:45:57 MDT Print View

Looks good Lawson, I think making the change was a good call!

Hit me back one of these days...

Jacob.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Sale extended on 05/23/2011 13:40:31 MDT Print View

I am going to extend the sale for a little while longer so I can get more of these tarps in the field. If you have any questions please be sure to ask.

Thanks,
Lawson

Diana Vann
(DianaV) - MLife

Locale: Wandering
Re: Sale extended/ favorite cuben fiber tarp? on 05/26/2011 15:26:51 MDT Print View

Hi, Lawson,

I'm going to answer your (email) question here on the forum (instead of sending you back an email directly) because other folks here might have something to add about which of your tarps they prefer. Of those you are currently offering, I'm most likely to buy the FastPacker.

I'm very intrigued by your reflective material. Do you have any plans to offer a pyramid made with it any time in the near future?

The reason I'm asking is that I already own a bunch of shelters (as many others here also do). My favorites are my pyramids. But mine are relatively heavy for a solo shelter, so I only carry them for kayak expeditions (where weight is not as critical). I love the versatility of a pyramid though, so I'm eventually planning to buy one in cuben.

Lately I find myself packing my GoLite poncho tarp the most often because of how light-weight (it's only 7 oz.), and versatile it is (I just returned from a five-day trip on the WA, Olympic coast, and that's the tarp I took), but it's a little skimpy on coverage.

I love the quality of the cuben drybags I bought from you. They keep my down items bone dry. So I'd definitely be interested in a pyramid made from the reflective cuben material if you decided to offer one.

Thanks for the great customer service!

Diana