Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Sources for LineLocs

Display Avatars Sort By:
Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Locale: Southeast
Sources for LineLocs on 05/03/2011 16:56:18 MDT Print View

Looking for a USA source for the ITW Nexus World Side Release LineLoc 3.
ITW Nexus has given me one USA distributor who sells only in huge lots.

I also need the cheapest USA source for the ITW Nexus LineLoc 3 Ladderloc.

Thanks.

Brad Walker
(brawa)

Locale: SoCal
Re: Sources for LineLocs on 05/03/2011 17:16:07 MDT Print View

http://www.bearpawwd.com/fabrics_misc/fabrics_misc.html

Edit: Oops, you're looking for the webbing linelocs. Sorry!

Edited by brawa on 05/03/2011 17:17:32 MDT.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Locale: Southeastern Louisiana
Re: Re: Sources for LineLocs on 05/03/2011 17:33:12 MDT Print View

Richard,

How many LineLoc 3's do you need / want?

I can't help with the side release style but I do have some regular Line Loc 3's.

Do you need a supplier or do you need some for a MYOG project?

Party On,

Newton

Edited by Newton on 05/03/2011 17:50:49 MDT.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Itw/nexus wsr line loc 3 on 05/04/2011 07:12:33 MDT Print View

I have tried buying the the World side release line loc 3 buckles from Itw/ nexus main distributor in the USA.
They can't get it because it's a world item, I am also thinking all world buckles are not available to the general public. I think some manufacture like Granite Gear developed the WSR line loc 3 with Nexus that may be the reason we can't get it. Like the Climasheild Apex was not released to the myog Crowd until over a year after the large manufactures tested it out.

Some distributors will not sell boxes of less than a 1000 or $100 minimum purchase of items. The reason for the case minimum or $100.00 minimum purchase is it costs lot of money to break up a case or have a worker pull small amounts for the distributors.

I know this information because I use to purchase buckles and cord locks from a distributor back in the early 90's.
I am still sitting on about 800 cord locks from my evil bag of 1000 cord locks,300 yards of 3mm black parachute cord when 1 manufactured bodyboard leashes and surf fin leashes.
Terry

Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Thanks on 05/04/2011 08:24:32 MDT Print View

Newton.
I want about 40 lineLocs for several MYOG projects. So I don't need a distributor. For these I'm trying to be cheap. (Our income is about to be cut by about a third) The best price I've found so far is .35 cents each.

Terry
Yeah, that's what I feared.

Thanks.

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
30 cents each here on 05/04/2011 09:01:21 MDT Print View

Richard,

Lineloc3s are $.30 each here.

LINELOC

Daryl

Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Thanks on 05/04/2011 09:17:08 MDT Print View

Thanks Daryl.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Thanks on 05/04/2011 09:32:49 MDT Print View

Richard,

I believe that I have 12 Line Loc 3's in my project room that I could PIF to you if you PM me with your address.

No cost and no shipping. What goes around comes around and I have recently been gifted from someone else on BPL.

Let me know. Free is better than cheap.

Party On,

Newton

Frederick Steven Maxfield
(fredmax56) - M

Locale: New England
Linelocs on 05/04/2011 09:44:25 MDT Print View

Hi Richard,
You can get 100 linelocs from Zpaks for 25$plus 3.95$ shipping.
Fred

Edited by fredmax56 on 05/04/2011 09:47:20 MDT.

Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Thanks on 05/04/2011 10:31:16 MDT Print View

Thanks, Newton. That's very generous of you.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: Thanks on 05/04/2011 10:55:54 MDT Print View

Richard,

You are very welcome. I'm just Paying It Forward for a favor received. One of these days maybe I'll be the one that starts a PIF instead of just following up on one.

I have received your PM with your shipping info and address. I'll pack them up and get them on their way to you.

Party On,

Newton

Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Source for the Side Release LineLocs --- Yikes! on 05/06/2011 12:18:41 MDT Print View

Considered others may also want some of the WSR LineLocs and we might make a group buy. So I contacted Hi-Tex Corp,the USA distributor for the ITW Nexus World Side Release LineLoc 3. They will only sell them in 2,000 piece lots at $660, plus shipping.

scott Nelson
(nlsscott) - MLife

Locale: So. Calif.
Side release Line locs are cool! on 05/07/2011 16:57:18 MDT Print View

I first saw them here on the blogs about the Laufbursche packs. I would buy 40 or so if we wanted to do a group buy. -Scott

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Side Release Line Locs on 05/07/2011 18:09:53 MDT Print View

Hi Scott, yeah Laufbursche and Granite Gear packs were the first ones (that I saw) to implement them on their packs. I can understand Granite Gear buying a large quantity minimum order, but I'm curious if Laufbursche did the same (considering that he's also a solo practice cottage gear maker).

So it looks like 33 cents each, minimum of 2,000. This will take a while. FWIW, i'd be down for 20.

Maybe we can get a cottage maker to tag along? Glen, Ron(s)? HMG? Is wishful thinking = dumb thinking? :)

Also, which one of us will have the misfortune of physically hand counting out all the pieces to redistribute??

Edited by Konrad1013 on 05/07/2011 22:30:32 MDT.

Richard Brownkatz
(Rbrownkatz) - F

Thanks John, and counting on 05/09/2011 11:17:33 MDT Print View

Got 'em John. Thanks.

As for counting, well since I started this thing, I'll be glad to do it.

Paul Gibson
(pgibson) - F

Locale: SW Idaho
Re: Sources for LineLocs on 05/10/2011 11:43:05 MDT Print View

Hey Guys, Thanks Daryl for mentioning us I appreciate it. Wanted to throw this out there if you all want to organize a group buy on the line locks. I can do them at .25 each if you want to order 250 of them or .20 each if you want to get 500 and up. This would be counting shipping them to one member to split up and send them out to everyone else. For more than 250 of them it would take me about a week to get them in stock. We try to keep a couple hundred on hand all the time for DIY orders and the projects we build them into. Hate to see you guys spend the next 5 years trying to unload 2000 of them :) Anyone interested in organizing a buy for them shoot me a PM and we can work out the details, But 500 or less should fit in a small priority flat rate box for $5.00

Paul

Ryan W
(mwilks) - F
Re: Re: Sources for LineLocs on 05/10/2011 12:00:17 MDT Print View

Very cool of you to offer Paul.

I'd be down for 20 if this takes place.

Edited by mwilks on 05/10/2011 12:01:01 MDT.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
World Side release line loc 3 buckle on 05/10/2011 18:03:50 MDT Print View

If Paul can get the World side release line loc 3 buckle I will buy some also.
Is this buckle your talking about Paul?
link to WSR lineloc 3 buckle: http://global.itwnexus.com/content/world-sr-lineloc-3
Or is it just the line loc3 ladder lock buckle you can get at your shop and quest fabrics.
Terry

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: World Side release line loc 3 buckle on 05/10/2011 18:06:59 MDT Print View

Those side release buckles look interesting. I'd be in for a few. Is anyone up for managing a group order?

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
group buy: Sources for LineLocs on 05/10/2011 18:13:24 MDT Print View

Wanted to throw this out there if you all want to organize a group buy on the line locks. I can do them at .25 each if you want to order 250 of them or .20 each if you want to get 500 and up.

Paul,

Thanks for the offer!

I am willing to be the person to place a bulk order with you and re-distribute them to others who express interest in advance provided the others are willing to cover paypal and shipping expenses (I'd use whichever shipper each buyer prefers).

If you are talking about the original lineloc 3's as shown here then I'd buy 100 for myself.

If you are referring to side release linelocs as shown here (which I thought was the OP's original request) then I'd be interested in 60 for myself. If you have these side release but the cost would be higher that you quoted in your offer I would find that reasonable.

If you can offer both of these then I'd buy the above mentioned quantities of both ... would you be willing to include a total count of the two types to make your thresholds of 250 and 500?

Edited by jcolten on 05/10/2011 18:17:30 MDT.