Forum Index » Gear Deals » New Ti- Stakes and Drybags on Sale

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
New Ti- Stakes and Drybags on Sale on 05/02/2011 11:09:27 MDT Print View

My second generation tent stakes are now in stock. They are handcrafted using a piece of .125" (3.17mm) 6AL-4V Titanium rod. After the bending process we end up with a stake that is 7" long with an average weight of 7.0 grams. We have tested these stakes against every other titanium stake available, including our original Ti-eye's and they are hands down the best lightweight titanium stakes on the market. What makes them different? We use a longer piece of rod, bend more of a defined backbend and our hook is smaller. These changes make the stakes stronger and easier to drive due to the apex being directly over the spine. This allows you to drive the stakes straighter and deeper which results in more holding power. This radical backbend also keeps the stakes from turning around under tension which is the most common problem with standard sheppard hook stakes. We recommend driving these stakes at a 45 degree angle and using them in medium to firm rocky soil. The introductory price is $1.50 per stake.

About a month and a half ago I switched to a lighter weight material for my drybags and have quite a bit of 8"x16" drybags built out of the older material in stock. They are on sale for $12.95 each.

Also my reflective glowire is on sale for $7.95 per 50'

Thanks,
Lawson

Mountainfitter.com

titanium tent stake

Edited by Mountainfitter on 05/02/2011 11:10:41 MDT.

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

Locale: UTAH
Hook stakes on 05/02/2011 13:40:59 MDT Print View

are these new hook stakes replacing the ti-eyes?

and just curious, what weight are you using for the drybags?

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Not Sure on 05/02/2011 14:24:27 MDT Print View

I am not sure if I am going to replace the Ti-Eye's with these. I have been testing them side by side now for few weeks and the eye is nice but overall these stakes are more useful. I would rather focus on keeping one thing in stock then custom building 10 different versions and having few week long lead times. I have a whole line of shelters about to come out so my focus is really on them :)

The drybag material used for the bags on sale is CT5K.18 which is 1.48oz yard.

Kevin Cody
(codycolor2) - F

Locale: Los Padres NF
dry bags on 05/02/2011 17:33:57 MDT Print View

I just went to look at the dry bags and all except one of them is available. when will the rest be available?

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Inventory on 05/02/2011 19:26:42 MDT Print View

Once all the old ones are sold. Maybe a day or maybe two weeks.. I am clearing out all my old inventory so I can make room for the new stuff and all I have left in stock are 8"x16" bags.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"New Ti- Stakes and Drybags on Sale" on 05/02/2011 19:39:07 MDT Print View

FWIW,

I love my Mountainfitter Ti-eye stakes and my 1st-generation Mountainfitter Drybag, impeccable quality and craftsmanship, made in the USA, with excellent customer service to boot.

Best of luck rolling out new product Lawson.

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

stakes on 05/02/2011 19:50:56 MDT Print View

Awesome, i'll be ordering 6 this week!

Any teaser pics of your shelters?

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

: ) on 05/02/2011 21:25:06 MDT Print View

No photos yet. I want to have a few in-stock ready to ship before I post the photos.

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

shelters on 05/02/2011 22:13:29 MDT Print View

Well if you need any additional testing done I may be able to lend a hand ;)

Eric Thompson
(er0ck) - F

Locale: PNW
placed order on 05/03/2011 14:32:57 MDT Print View

stoked! (staked?)

i needed some new quality and UL stakes for some coming trips...

William Wang
(billwang) - M

Locale: SF Bay Area
Just placed an order on 05/03/2011 22:14:09 MDT Print View

Orded 15 stakes and some line and a drybag. Let us know when you get the larger bags available. Thanks!