Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Supermarket Boil 'n Bag Meal Zip Locks

Display Avatars Sort By:
J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Supermarket Boil 'n Bag Meal Zip Locks on 11/11/2006 21:34:55 MST Print View

Here's a great alternative to the Stand and Zip (hot link to BPL store item) OP Sak by Watchful Eye Designs. It's not odor proof though.

It's the Trader Joe's Jumbo Raisen Medley. After using the raisens, the bag is a freebie meal bag. Measures: 8"WIDE x 6.75"TALL with a 3.25" wide gusset on the bottom. WEIGHS: 10g or 0.35oz

Gusseted, zip-lock top seal, more durable than OP Saks IME. I really like this bag, the material is more rigid and tougher than the OP saks and it handles boiling water no problem. The seal on the zip is nice and tight too.

Edited by jhaura on 11/11/2006 21:39:34 MST.

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Supermarket Boil 'n Bag Meal Zip Locks on 11/11/2006 22:30:31 MST Print View

Nice find. I've been saving things like this again. Too bad we don't have trader joe's out here. BTW a family size poundcake tin is aluminum and weighs 26grams. Think what you can do with that one :)

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Supermarket Boil 'n Bag Meal Zip Locks on 11/12/2006 03:44:51 MST Print View

I haven't found the need for anything more than Walmart quart freezer bags. For me the gussetted bottom might make it harder to get at that last morsel of ramen : ).

David Lewis
(davidlewis) - MLife

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Re: Supermarket Boil 'n Bag Meal Zip Locks on 11/12/2006 05:33:11 MST Print View

I've seen many products packaged in these kinds of bags lately... and the nice thing about the gusset is that there are no folds inside at all... the gusset is a smooth bowl shape on the inside.