Oware CatPoncho
Display Avatars Sort By:
Eric Carlsen
(cooleric1234) - F
Oware CatPoncho on 11/10/2006 22:08:58 MST Print View

Does anyone know anything about the Oware CatPoncho? I was thinking of getting the GoLite poncho/tarp but I noticed the warning on this site regarding pitching poncho tarps in the A-frame configuration. A lean-to seems less useful because of the exposure to the elements and/or need to shift the pitch as the weather changes. I would think the CatPoncho would solve that problem, but the details on it are sparse.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Oware CatPoncho on 11/11/2006 03:41:44 MST Print View

I must have missed the warning....what was said?

Keith Franchois
(Naqab) - F
re: Oware Catponcho on 11/11/2006 05:50:28 MST Print View

I too was wondering about the CatPoncho too- does it have a waist bungee? snaps at the sides?

Eric Carlsen
(cooleric1234) - F
Re: Re: Oware CatPoncho on 11/11/2006 06:19:26 MST Print View

If you look at the page for either of the SpinPonchos (found here) there is a link to a PDF that is called:

Click here to download the SpinPoncho User Guide (Adobe PDF)

Once you click on the PDF you will find that it says not to pitch the SpinPoncho in an A-frame configuration. It says the plane of the hood needs to be...well...a plane, in other words, flat. It recommends a lean-to type pitch. That seems less useful to me. Perhaps it's just because the material is spinnaker, but the Golite pictures of their poncho also show a lean-to.

Edited by cooleric1234 on 11/11/2006 06:20:14 MST.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Cat Poncho and lean to on 11/11/2006 07:53:46 MST Print View

There is a photo in the inclement camping with a poncho article at BPL found here (scroll down) This demonstrates a modified lean to approach with a BPL spinnaker poncho.

Hope this helps

Roger

Edited by rogerb on 11/11/2006 07:54:46 MST.