November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Taco Tater Tuesday
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dicentra OPW
(dicentra) - F

Locale: PNW
Taco Tater Tuesday on 04/26/2011 11:15:21 MDT Print View

Taco Taters
Serves 1

½ cup instant mashed potatoes, any flavor
1 T taco seasoning mix
1 T tomato powder
1 snack-size bag corn chips

At home: combine the potatoes, taco seasoning and tomato powder in a zip locking plastic bag. Carry the corn chips separately.

In camp: add a generous 1 cup of hot water to the potato mix. Stir well. Serve with corn chips.

Kathleen B

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Taco Taters on 04/26/2011 16:04:46 MDT Print View

Thanks for keeping this going, Teresa. I just made this for a late lunch. Besides being simple, it tastes very good. It also lends itself to any sort of personal complexity you might want. Since I'm a cheese junkie, I added some cheddar cheese.

I may offer to make some for the realtor when she comes in a few hours to list my condo for sale!

Aaron Benson
(AaronMB) - F

Locale: Central Valley California
Thanks on 04/26/2011 17:36:41 MDT Print View

Dicentra - I had the Pizza Taters today for lunch in the office. It was tasty; watching my cohorts watch me prep/make it was even better.

Cheese is indeed great, Kathleen. For the Pizza Taters I had for lunch today, I added a stick of pepper-jack cheese to the already cheesy four-cheese taters...good stuff!

Edited by AaronMB on 04/26/2011 17:38:18 MDT.