Forum Index » Gear Deals » Kelty Salida 2 - 44% off at Gander Mtn.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
Kelty Salida 2 - 44% off at Gander Mtn. on 04/25/2011 15:04:59 MDT Print View

Saw this on another site.

Gander Mountain currently has a $50 off mail in rebate on the Kelty Salida 2 tent.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=437303&pdesc=Kelty_Salida_Freestanding_3_Season_Tent&aID=505K1D&merchID=4006

If you order before Wednesday they also have a stackable code (I called) GMH0422 that get's you another $20 off and free shipping. So the purchase price is $139.99 and with the mail in rebate it brings the $159.99 retail price down to $89.99.

Pretty decent price for a solid, light weight, entry level tent . . .

Edited by busguy on 04/25/2011 15:07:39 MDT.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
This is an awesome deal on 04/25/2011 20:30:06 MDT Print View

I've been looking for a cheap, decent quality, lightweight tent for use on a Yosemite trip this summer with several friends who are completely new to backpacking - and I will be telling them about this deal right away.

Thanks for sharing!

Aaron Reichow
(areichow)

Locale: Northern Minnesota
Re: This is an awesome deal on 04/26/2011 09:16:07 MDT Print View

I ran across a total steal of a newbie backpacking tent at Target the other day, the Kelty Zenith 2. $60 and 5 lbs. From what I've seen and read, it's the Salida 2, but with heavy fiberglass poles. I don't see the weight listed at Target, but got it from the box. Not the best compared to the Salida 2 at $90, but the price is pretty nice if you're on a budget and/or time crunch.

It's heavier, but still light compared to some of the options you see at REI by the big brands. Always nice to have options for picking up something quick if a few friends decide they want to go backpacking with you for the first time, without spending hundreds on a MSR Hubba. :)

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Thanks Aaron on 04/26/2011 10:41:53 MDT Print View

I might have to check out my local Target - cheap is good when your friends are mostly grad students and middle-school teachers...

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
Rebate on 04/26/2011 14:46:32 MDT Print View

I don't know that I would count on that rebate. It's only good through 4/27/2011 so by time you get the tent the rebate will be expired. There may be a way to send in for it using your online receipt but if you're counting on the rebate I'd try looking into it a bit more.

Edited by JEbner on 04/26/2011 14:52:07 MDT.

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
Did u read the fine print ? on 04/26/2011 16:19:15 MDT Print View

The rebate is good for purchases made up until the 27th. The rebate form then has to be POSTMARKED (ie. mailed) prior to May 20th. Even with the slowest shipping that shouldn't be hard to do . . .

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
Fine Print on 04/27/2011 10:34:04 MDT Print View

No, I didn't see it. Sorry about that. All I saw was "$50 Mail-In Rebate Good Through 4/27/2011". I didn't realize it was a link. The way it was worded made it sound like the offer was about to expire.

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Locale: Midwest
backorder on 04/27/2011 18:25:03 MDT Print View

I tried to pick one up, but it's backordered, the prospect of the thing not shipping before the rebate is due is keeping me from buying this thing. Bummer as I really would like to get my girlfriend into camping/backpacking, but feel that full-on immersion to floorless tarp camping isn't the way to go about it, so have been casually looking for a tent just about exactly like this...lightish cheapish, doublewall and safe-feeling for a n00b.

Guess I'll keep looking.