I have a short torso and narrow shoulders, and I am looking for a backpack with less capacity than my Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone. I feel like I have looked at just about everything and haven't found something that fits. Here are my requirements:
1. 16 inch torso. Nearly all of the fixed length packs I have tried are to long even if 16 is in the range.
2. Must have a frame. I used to have a Mountainsmith Seraph and the hoop was not enough of a frame for me. My gear was slightly heavier then, but not that much.
3. Narrow shoulder straps. I have the "trim" straps on the Nimbus Ozone and they fit just right.
4. 40-45 L capacity. The Nimbus Ozone is huge for 95% of my trips, and if I switch from a Prolite Plus to an air pad it will have even more empty space. Also I don't like how far it extends out from my back. Need something smaller and narrower.
5. Strongly prefer no lid or removeable lid.
6. Prefer a back pocket or bungee cord so I can carry a foam sit pad with easy access.
7. 3 pounds or less. Ideally a lot less but that doesn't seem to be available.
8. No bright colors, especially pink or purple -- looking at you, Granite Gear Escape AC 40 Ki. I know I shouldn't care, but I just can't buy a pack with that hideous color. I would consider the men's version but need to know if the shoulder straps are narrow enough, and Granite Gear is not answering my email.
Here's what I've tried:
Gossamer Gear Gorilla Small -- Too long even though 16" is supposed to be upper limit of torso range, and the shoulder straps were not comfortable
REI Flash 50 -- Too long, and hurt my lower back
Black Diamond Astral 40 -- Too long
Gregory Inyo 45 XS -- Painful, pulled back a lot when packed exactly the same as the Nimbus Ozone
Deuter ACT Zero 45+10 -- Hip belt is too wide and dug into my rib cage
Golite Litespeed -- Very small capacity and didn't fit right
Is there anything I've missed?