Forum Index » Gear Swap » Gear Swap Shipping Question

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Gear Swap Shipping Question on 04/22/2011 19:43:37 MDT Print View

Seems like a lot of the times, members prefer to ship within our continental 48. Just out of morbid curiosity, why is that? Wonder if folks care to share?

1. Selling/shipping overseas is scary.
2. Selling/shipping overseas is complicated.
3. No particular reason -- habit more than anything else
4. Other (kindly elaborate)

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: WNC
Re: Gear Swap Shipping Question on 04/22/2011 19:44:57 MDT Print View

I prefer the US just because I can do it without going to the post office. With that said, I've shipped overseas plenty and won't refuse it under most conditions.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Gear Swap Shipping Question on 04/22/2011 20:28:02 MDT Print View

I state CONUS to establish a shipping ceiling, which is included in my price.

Most out of country folks understand that, and offer to pay the extra fee. I don't mind shipping overseas, but it does add $20 to $30 ($30 to $40 total) depending on insurance and tracking.

Edit: Shipping overseas is easy - a simple form to fill out that takes maybe 3 minutes the first time. But only thru USPS. Prohibitive with FedEx or UPS.

Edited by greg23 on 04/22/2011 22:11:32 MDT.

tim hower
(jeepcachr) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
to expensive on 04/22/2011 21:01:50 MDT Print View

Its cheap and easy to ship in the US. It is more complicated and expensive to ship out of the country. Out of country shipping is expensive to be tracked/insured. I've gotten burned on international sales so to me its not worth it. For people in other countrys that don't understand why we don't want to do it, I don't think they understand how easy conus shipping is.