Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Golite Nest 2 Bug Tent ($50), Golite Cave 2 Tarp ($65); together for less
Display Avatars Sort By:
Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Locale: SoCal
FS: Golite Nest 2 Bug Tent ($50), Golite Cave 2 Tarp ($65); together for less on 04/20/2011 15:29:18 MDT Print View

I am selling two items: A Golite Lair Nest 2 bug net tent and a Golite Cave 2 tarp. Here a more detailed description for both:

Golite Lair Nest 2 bug net tent
733g, 25.86 oz (1lb 9.86 oz)

Golite Lair Nest 2 bug tent

Golite Lair Nest 2 in great condition with no tears or rips. Bought it used from another BPL member (if I remember right) about two years ago. Used it with my wife for a three night trip in Yosemite in the summer of 2009. Had it stored indoors behind the sofa (smoke and pet free home) after that. Comes in at 733g or 25.86oz on my kitchen scales in its stuffsack. Sleeps two persons in a pinch and works well under the Golite Cave 2 Tarp that I am selling (or any generic 8 x 10 tarp). It is very spacious with a floor space of about 34sq ft. Please note that stakes are not included (I did not receive any as I bought it either). Asking $50 for the bug tent shipped to you in the CONUS.

Golite Cave 2 tarp

Golite Cave 2 tarp
592g, 20.88 oz, 1lb 4.88 oz (including laminated instruction sheet and lots of 'non-technical' guyline material)

Manufacturer description:
"The Cave 2 Shelter by GoLite combines the versatility and venitilation of a tarp with the weather protection of a tent, a true ultra-liter’s dream! Ultra-lite, super-strong, waterproof SilLite silicone-impregnated nylon is used to keep weight to a minimum and durability to a maximum. The Variable Geometry Beaks on each end of this tarp enable you to provide more or less weather protection or ventilation based on the angle and height of your pitch. Twin equalized lifter lines provide far more head room under the canopy.

Features: SilLite silicone-impregnated ripstop nylon: ultra-lite, ultra-tough, ultra-waterproof. 2 Variable Geometry Beaks. Twin equilized lifter lines. Lair 1 Nest & Lair 2 Nest compatible. Area: 89 sq ft / 8.3m2 Type: 3-season, 3-person"

The tarp comes with a stake sack (please note: no stakes included!!), SilLite stow sack, laminated instruction sheet, and lots of guyline material. My kitchen scales just showed a weight of 592g or 20.88 oz (including the laminated instruction sheet and a bunch of guyline material). During our trip in Yosemite, this tarp led to certain tensions between me and my wife which eventually became its downfall. We were just to inept to set it up fast and my attempts to master it strained the patience of my wife. After this expereience we went back to our rather heavy double-wall tent. Just as the Nest 2 above, the Cave 2 was stored indoors behind the sofa since our trip in summer 2009. I just did not get around to selling these two items until now. Asking $65 shipped to you in the CONUS for the tarp.

Bug tent and tarp together in Yosemite

Tent and tarp in stuff sacks next to Nalgene bottle

Alternatively, if a single person would be interested in purchasing both the Nest 2 and the Cave 2, I would be willing to let them go for less since my shipping costs will be lower. In either case, send me a PM if you are interested. Item location is in the San Diego area.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Price reduction on 04/21/2011 01:23:49 MDT Print View

How about $45 for the Nest 2 and $60 for the Cave 2? Anyone?

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: Price reduction on 04/21/2011 05:31:09 MDT Print View

ill take the nest for $45 if you send me your paypal info. thanks!

paul, if you want both, i will back out. great deal. if not, ill take the nest.

Edited by rbeard on 04/21/2011 07:17:36 MDT.

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
too late... on 04/21/2011 06:01:05 MDT Print View

Sorry I missed out on these.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Re: too late... on 04/21/2011 08:47:02 MDT Print View

Adam, thanks for your interest. I will wait then until I hear from Paul.

Paul, given Adam's comment, would you be interested in taking both the Nest and the Cave?

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
very kind of you on 04/21/2011 09:14:11 MDT Print View

If you give me until Saturday I will be able to find out if I can get the wife's approval. Don't feel you have to hold it for me though.

Thanks guys.

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Sniff Sniff on 04/21/2011 09:24:37 MDT Print View

That was beautiful man. rbeard you da man

Edited by mtmnmark on 04/21/2011 09:25:33 MDT.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Nest sold pending payment on 04/21/2011 09:34:30 MDT Print View

The Nest is sold to Adam pending payment.

Any takers on the Cave? It would certainly be great if I could wrap it up in a single visit to the postal office!

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Re: Nest sold pending payment on 04/21/2011 09:45:00 MDT Print View

im in no hurry, will let you ask your wife. if you dont want it, i do though.

martin, is that fine? maybe you will get one trip to the post office and save on shipping. im flexible.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

... on 04/21/2011 09:50:55 MDT Print View

Sure, I can wait until Saturday. Paul, just let us know about your decision by the weekend and we will go from there. Cheers!

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
Great deal, but a no go on 04/22/2011 06:33:19 MDT Print View

Thanks guys,

It was really great of you but it looks like I can't justify the purchase. It's a great deal for whoever end up with it.

Paul

Edited by bcoutdoors on 04/23/2011 16:07:08 MDT.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Get both for $90 shipped on 04/23/2011 15:42:28 MDT Print View

Since I have been at this for a few days now and given that Paul was ultimately not interested in purchasing the tarp+bug tent, I wanted to extend a price reduction to a single buyer who would purchase the tarp+tent together: $90 shipped in the CONUS (assuming personal/gift payment through PayPal as to avoid additional fees on my side). As stated before, both are in great shape but I do not see myself going back to a tarp (without risking a disruption to matrimonial harmony :).

Also appologies to all the tarp-able folk out there for the petty setup of the tarp in one of the pictures. That's as good as I could do it. It certainly doesn't do the tarp justice!!

Edited by mswobodzinski on 04/23/2011 15:45:07 MDT.

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
Money Sent on 04/23/2011 16:01:21 MDT Print View

After running a business case, The wonderful wife said she wanted to buy it for me. If it is still available I'll send you the money via paypal today.

Money Sent. I will definitely review it and show pics of it in use this summer!

Thanks Martin!

Edited by bcoutdoors on 04/23/2011 16:33:37 MDT.

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Tarp+Tent SOLD to Paul on 04/23/2011 16:08:50 MDT Print View

Hey Paul! Good to hear from you. Sure, you are first in line and I would be glad to sell the tent+tarp to you for $90. I just sent you a PM with my PayPal information.

Cheers!

Tarp+Tent SOLD to Paul

Edited by mswobodzinski on 04/23/2011 16:37:31 MDT.

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Re: Tarp+Tent SOLD to Paul on 04/26/2011 10:26:43 MDT Print View

weird, how did i not even get a second chance after paul? i guess thats what you get for being nice

Martin Swobodzinski
(mswobodzinski) - M

Sorry on 04/27/2011 01:22:18 MDT Print View

Adam, once we agreed to wait for Paul's decision, I did not check this thread until Saturday afternoon. At that point I noticed that Paul had posted (the day before) that he did not want to purchase the tent+tarp. As a result, I decided to lower the combined price for both items and put it into a new post. Within less than 20 minutes Paul contacted me through PM and let me know that he changed his mind (and in fact wanted to purchase both). I saw no reason to contact you since we were looking at the same scenario (at least in my eyes) as we were a few days earlier: Paul buying both items. Having said that, if it would have been some person other than Paul, I would have contacted you to check if you were still interested in the bug tent.

Paul Osborn
(bcoutdoors) - F
apologies on 04/27/2011 06:22:20 MDT Print View

Sorry Adam,

I didn't think I would offend after Martin reposted hoping for a sale of the both.

I'll definitely keep my eye out for a deal for you on a mesh tent.

All the best,

Paul

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Re: apologies on 04/27/2011 06:26:16 MDT Print View

thanks guys, totally understand after explanation. was just weirded out that it was offered up to someone else after I had made way for paul to purchase both as i only needed the inner. no worries. bugs are just protein anyway.

Edited by rbeard on 04/27/2011 06:28:58 MDT.