Locale: Colorado Rockies
24: Flyin' Shoes on 04/16/2011 22:52:37 MDT Print View

New trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

moon over ridge

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
Thank you on 04/17/2011 05:20:31 MDT Print View

Great report as always. I really enjoy the way you can find (and photograph) the beauty in small details. This has had a big influence on my own photography style lately. Thanks.

Dondo .
(Dondo) - F

Re: 24: Flyin' Shoes on 04/17/2011 08:29:41 MDT Print View

Thanks, Ike. It's a thrill when something small catches your eye and you can frame it into something that's aesthetically appealing, isn't it? I think it makes you more aware of everything around you, and for me, that's the point of being out there.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"24: Flyin' Shoes" on 04/17/2011 09:55:16 MDT Print View

I knew there was something missing over the winter... a Dondo trip report! Thanks Dondo for sharing your 24 with us.

Dondo .
(Dondo) - F

Re: "24: Flyin' Shoes" on 04/17/2011 21:01:06 MDT Print View

Hi Eugene. Yeah, the Dondo is back...with a vengeance. ;-) Stay tuned for a First Impressions look at the Exped Synmat UL7. BTW, love your avatar photo.

Diana Vann
(DianaV) - MLife

Locale: Wandering
Which shelter? on 04/17/2011 21:16:48 MDT Print View

were you using on your trip?

Great photos by the way.

Dondo .
(Dondo) - F

Re: Which shelter? on 04/18/2011 04:51:34 MDT Print View

Thanks, Diana. The shelter is a Golite Shangri-La 2. You can read more about it here.

Justin McMinn
(akajut) - F

Locale: Central Oklahoma
Re: "24: Flyin' Shoes" on 04/18/2011 08:29:11 MDT Print View

I love the TVZ. Very fitting lyrics. If you ever get the chance, check out Be There to Love Me documentary on him. He was quite a wild character.

Dondo .
(Dondo) - F

Re: "24: Flyin' Shoes" on 04/18/2011 18:10:48 MDT Print View

Hi Justin. I've become a big TVZ fan since a Texas gal I know got me the Texas Troubadour set for Christmas. The songs are amazing. He has to be one of our best songwriters ever. Wanting to find out more about the man behind the songs, my wife and I watched Be Here to Love Me. He was indeed a wild character as well as a beautiful soul.