Forum Index » Gear Deals » Website for my hats and other gear

Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Website for my hats and other gear on 04/15/2011 15:00:24 MDT Print View

The website still needs some work, but it's up and running.
MountaingoatGear
Thanks for your support, Katharina

PS I don't have a "shopping cart" or "basket", because I would rather have some communication with a buyer, before payment is sent : )

Edited by Kat_P on 04/16/2011 14:02:27 MDT.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Website for my hats and other gear on 04/15/2011 15:07:52 MDT Print View

Congratulations on a professional-looking website, as well as a viable industry for yourself.

Good luck with your business!

Edited by T.L. on 04/15/2011 15:08:25 MDT.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Website for my hats and other gear on 04/15/2011 15:32:07 MDT Print View

Very cool Kat! Website looks great!

Frank H.
(porker110)

Locale: California
Looking good on 04/15/2011 16:09:26 MDT Print View

Can't wait to get my head into one of those hats :)

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"Website for my hats and other gear" on 04/15/2011 16:13:12 MDT Print View

Slick Katharina!

Here's a hyperlink to your page:

http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/mountaingoatgear/

Edited by Eugeneius on 04/15/2011 16:33:01 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Thanks! on 04/15/2011 17:13:12 MDT Print View

Thanks everbody, and thanks for the hyperlink, Eugene.

Justin Nelson
(jnelson871) - MLife

Locale: CA Bay Area
Re: Website for my hats and other gear on 04/15/2011 21:52:17 MDT Print View

WOW! Great site. Once I finish paying off my latest acquisitions I'll throw some business your way. Got some friends in the market for gear, I'll let them know as well.

Justin

Eugene Hollingsworth
(GeneH_BPL) - F
Website for my hats ... on 04/16/2011 01:18:02 MDT Print View

Yes - very well put together web site. Not and easy task. I'm looking forward to pictures and information on the detachable mesh pockets, when you finish up your site. Take your time and continue the excellent work!!!

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Re: Website for my hats ... on 04/16/2011 09:49:40 MDT Print View

Way to go Katharina.

Love the quality of your hats. My beanie has been magnetized to my head lately :)

Yuri R
(Yazon) - F
Nice site on 04/16/2011 12:46:38 MDT Print View

Hah,

Wordpress + Elegant Themes (Simple Press) if memory serves me right...

Good job!

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

site on 04/16/2011 14:07:13 MDT Print View

Thanks again. The website is not my doing; someone else has put their work and knowledge into it. It's a gear coop and there is room for more cottage manufacturers.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Which one? on 04/16/2011 17:23:40 MDT Print View

Congratulations on the site Katharina. But I don't know which one to get. I normally only wear one from maybe 20-40 degrees when backpacking. Which type do you suggest?

Edited by rlnunix on 04/16/2011 17:24:26 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

which one on 04/16/2011 18:02:59 MDT Print View

Depending on how cold you get and how much hair you have, either the thinner Merino and baby Alpaca blend, or the thicker one.
The longer hair in the Alpaca yarn, make it a little fuzzy, which helps trap a bit of air.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Beanie on 04/16/2011 18:37:32 MDT Print View

Uh, let's take the discussion about how much hair I have to email. :) Message sent.

Evan Cabodi
(BlackRock) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Beautiful Hats on 04/17/2011 11:15:39 MDT Print View

Excellent looking hats! I love a good knit beanie. I'm a big fan of hats and have fairly large collection...

Now to decide which one to get :) Any plans on expanding the line with more materials? I'd love to see an organic cotton like Pakucho or maybe a nice hemp. Any Merino or Alpaca that's USA made would be a great option. I'd definitely pay more for anything spun in the US though going with the Organic yarns or wools is always a plus along with any recycled yarn would be awesome.

Nice work!

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Yarns on 04/17/2011 12:58:00 MDT Print View

Nice input and suggestions on the yarns..
In my experience, cotton and hemp tend to stretch and don't bounce back to shape well, which results in hats becoming unshapely pretty quickly.
I just bought some locally spun, hand dyed wool, which is just beautiful, but pricey, at $33.00 per skein. Takes almost a full skein per hat. Between 3 and 4 hrs to make the hat....how much can I realistically charge for a beanie? Right now I buy quality yarn from a local store and keep my materials cost between 10.00 and 15.00 each. If there is a market for higher end hats, I'd love to make more of those. For now, just ask me exactly what you would like,I'll tell you what I can do and it's a custom project, for each customer, as far as the priciest goods.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Detachable mesh pockets on 04/17/2011 16:19:31 MDT Print View

" I'm looking forward to pictures and information on the detachable mesh pockets, when you finish up your site. "

Gene, here are a couple pictures of the detachable pocket, on an ULA Amp. This one weighs 25 grams, including the shock cord. I make them to requested specs, using No See Um.

pocket

pocket

pocket

Edited by Kat_P on 04/17/2011 16:20:45 MDT.

T kawa
(kitsune) - F
Very nice! on 04/18/2011 11:38:33 MDT Print View

I've been looking at your beenies for a while... the website will likely entice me to get one, don't konw why, just my neurosis I suppose.

T.C. Cromie
(yogru) - F

Locale: Land of too much rain!
Mine arived on 04/20/2011 14:13:42 MDT Print View

Just received my 100% merino beanie from Kat today. 45g of awesomeness! She even got the color scheme I wanted exactly right. I love it!

Frederick Steven Maxfield
(fredmax56) - M

Locale: New England
Mine Camo Hat arrived on 04/21/2011 19:56:55 MDT Print View

MY light colored camo hat arrived today! I am very happy with it. I opt for the folded edge vs the rolled edge, size M/L. Fits great and covers my ears! Ear coverage was one of main conerns. The color is perfect also. Great work Katharina! I highly recomend these hats. I hope there is going to be gloves in the future.
Fred