Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/05/2011 14:29:51 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/05/2011 15:06:30 MDT Print View

More wonderful photos from God's country! Thank you!

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/05/2011 15:30:34 MDT Print View

David,

Absolutely one of the best done articles I have read on BPL. Not a trip report someone can duplicate, not a review of gear that can be purchased. Just thoughts, musings, and reflections with fantastic pictures. Sure to inspire others to get out more, and not necessarily the CDT, but it does call out for a trip somewhere on the CDT, destinations to be determined by the hiker.

WELL DONE!!

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/05/2011 15:41:14 MDT Print View

WELL DONE +1

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
A Country Divided (go team!) on 04/05/2011 15:57:37 MDT Print View

Thank you Nick and Thom, I had quite a fun time putting this one together.

I'd also like to point out those unheralded members of the BPL team; editor Addie and her intern. She did an excellent job formatting the text and photos I sent along, in a way which really enhances and brings the whole thing together. Thanks Addie!

Richard Lyon
(richardglyon) - MLife

Locale: Bridger Mountains
Bravo! on 04/05/2011 16:28:33 MDT Print View

David,

Marvelous photos and musings! More, please.

Ryan W
(mwilks) - F
Nice on 04/05/2011 17:13:46 MDT Print View

Really really nice! Well done David. Missing some of those familiar places right about now.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
re on 04/05/2011 17:18:29 MDT Print View

Nice article, thanks

Yeah, Addie is great

Philip Delvoie
(PhilipD) - MLife

Locale: Ontario, Canada
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/05/2011 17:19:15 MDT Print View

As always David I enjoy your writing and the pictures are amazing. Your blog is one of my regular stops.

Brian Barnes
(brianjbarnes)

Locale: Midwest
"A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail" on 04/05/2011 17:34:02 MDT Print View

Splendid !

Daniel Paladino
(dtpaladino) - F - MLife

Locale: Northern Rockies
Thanks! on 04/05/2011 17:44:01 MDT Print View

Great article, a pleasure to read. Please write more for us David!

Chris Peichel
(momo)

Locale: Eureka
CDT on 04/05/2011 19:35:46 MDT Print View

Thanks David. Excellent!
Can we have some more writings from you, please. Pretty please... with snickers on top.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Great Article on 04/06/2011 06:34:25 MDT Print View

Read the first paragraph, then had to sit down, shut the office door and read the whole thing. Great writing style. Can't wait to see more of your writings on here.

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Thanks everyone on 04/06/2011 08:47:39 MDT Print View

I've got a few ideas I'd like to work up soon.

Jim Colten
(jcolten)

Locale: MN
Re: A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/06/2011 10:53:12 MDT Print View

one word review .... WOW!

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Re: A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/06/2011 11:20:30 MDT Print View

amazing!

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/06/2011 11:39:52 MDT Print View

The format you use for your blog works well for BPL also, Dave. Thank you for sharing the words and photos of this wonderful region.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Thanks everyone on 04/06/2011 12:26:43 MDT Print View

David, thanks for the diversion from my normal daily routine, very enjoyable.

While working on ideas- I'd like to see how you put your gear list into practice, i.e. what were you using and how were you camping in a particular situation, like, -20* on Bowman(what used and where), etc.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
A Country Divided: The Continental Divide Trail on 04/06/2011 12:39:51 MDT Print View

Good stuff. Thanks.

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Gear! on 04/06/2011 12:49:01 MDT Print View

Almost made it to 20 without a gear question! ;)

Tad, the gear list is geared towards April-June and September-early November trips. On that trip to Bowman I had a lot more.

WM Antelope MF bag
MEC Reflex parka
Patagonia Micropuff pants
Full length blue foam and torso-sized ridgerest
Skis with plastic telemark boot and foam liners
etc.

I was pleased to sleep very warm with that setup. The Reflex is an awesome winter coat.

I'd be happy to answer any and all gear questions.