what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Tjaden
(ktjaden) - F

Locale: West
what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap? on 04/05/2011 10:12:44 MDT Print View

Let's say that you purchase an item on gear swap or some other online site based on the description from the seller. You pay the cost of the item plus shipping. When it arrives the item is not what the seller described; not a minor discrepancy but a major difference. You, seller and buyer, agree on this point and on the return. What is your opinion on:

A) should you expect a refund on the shipping cost you paid?
B) who should pay the return shipping?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap? on 04/05/2011 10:19:03 MDT Print View

Say I am the seller and the buyer just wrote to complain that what he got was materially different from what I purported (fictitious example here of course) and If we are in agreement about this, then I would:

1. Apologize.
2. Paypal a full refund -- including seller's cost to ship the thing back to me. Seller shouldn't be out a penny if my sale description was materially different.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap? on 04/05/2011 10:30:10 MDT Print View

Agree with Ben. I have a feeling there are few disputes, especially if you purchase from "well known" members. I see a lot of offering with specific information on any defects. Seems like Gear Swap works very well most of the time.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: what is the standard thing to do when returning from gear swap? on 04/05/2011 10:42:13 MDT Print View

Another agree.

It would seem weird for someone to list an item with an inaccurate description, then willingly acknowledge the discrepancy. Unless it was an honest fluke.

chris kersten
(xanadu) - F

Locale: here
agree- full refund+shipping on 04/07/2011 13:04:11 MDT Print View

I would do that to. I rarely sell anything online and when I do, I make sure that I tell of anything that I would notice or object to myself. If they are not happy, I would rather have the item back to sell to someone else that likes it. $10 shipping is a small price to pay rather than have someone angry with you.