Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Map printed on shirt?
Display Avatars Sort By:
J Chandler
(sccrman13) - F

Locale: VA
bandana map on 06/11/2011 20:07:47 MDT Print View

antigravity gear sells maps for the App Trail printed on bandanas in three sections. http://www.antigravitygear.com/bandanas.html

Alan Moore
(Alan_In_AZ) - F

Locale: Sunny Southwest
Shirt map on 04/03/2012 16:10:28 MDT Print View

Lots of crews last year at Philmont Scout Ranch had their trek plans (simple map) printed upside down on their crew shirts - so its certainly been done, not really that much good for real navigation but for a destination like this its nice to look forward and back to the camps to come & already visited - and indeed often navigation there only requires following clear signage...

As much as anything its a great talking point - especially for those doing the big mileage treks.

Saw one crew with a map right side up on the shirt back - not sure how that was going to work while backpacking...

Alan

Edited by Alan_In_AZ on 04/03/2012 16:11:45 MDT.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: bandana map on 04/04/2012 16:04:18 MDT Print View

That's pretty cool, but wouldn't the ink fade from getting wet constantly?

K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
Interesting thread on 04/04/2012 18:10:57 MDT Print View

How about a tattoo map? Haha, of course on your hiking partner!

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
not groping...I'm plotting! on 04/10/2012 10:36:28 MDT Print View

I'm having my right left contact lens inscribed with a Tom Harrison topo for my next trek. I can shift back and forth from dominant eye to the map, and the contact now weighs a little less... Ha! Wouldn't that be cool?

I love the upside down screen/ink print on the shirt.

Susan Papuga
(veganaloha) - M

Locale: USA
Clth trail maps on 04/13/2012 17:51:52 MDT Print View

Throughout China and SE Asia, trail maps are printed on cloth hankies. Very practical for hiking and a great souvenier when done.