Forum Index » Gear Deals » Micropuff jackets in Seattle

Display Avatars Sort By:
Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Micropuff jackets in Seattle on 10/28/2006 13:55:01 MDT Print View

I just stopped by Outdoors and More in Seattle (on Westlake Ave) and my jaws dropped when I saw the Patagonia Micropuff jackets on sale for $39.99. They are upstairs on a clearance rack. These normally sell for something like $170! They only seemed to have larger sizes, L, XL, XXL etc. I did buy one of these last year on sale for $100 which was a good price but the current price is a steal.

The jacket is pretty nice, full zipper, pockets, nice hood, etc. My size M weighs 16 oz which is not bad for a fully featured hooded jacket.

Dan

Drew Davis
(drewnc2005) - F

Locale: Hillsborough, NC
WOW on 10/29/2006 18:17:37 MST Print View

That is an insane deal! I might have to pick one up - the only problem is I'm in NC. Do you know if they will ship?

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: WOW on 10/29/2006 18:23:11 MST Print View

They have a website www.outmore.com and it looks like they will do mail order, though I don't know if it's for everything in the store or just what's listed on their website. I would check the website and either call or email them.

Good luck

Dan

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: WOW on 10/29/2006 20:01:27 MST Print View

I was there today. They had a few XL and XXL left. What size are you looking for?

Edited by dwambaugh on 10/29/2006 20:10:24 MST.

Victor Karpenko
(Viktor) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Re: Re: Re: WOW on 10/30/2006 21:51:39 MST Print View

Daniel,

Thanks for the timely information. I called them this morning and are shipping one of the jackets! They were great on the phone. He wanted to know how come some many people were calling them on the Micropuff Jackets.

Thanks again!!!

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Locale: Great Lakes
Thanks! on 11/01/2006 15:39:33 MST Print View

Dan, Thanks for the word on this super wicked deal. I appreciate it. I purchased the last extra large jacket.

jeff aka frankenfeet

Edited by frankenfeet on 11/01/2006 15:40:53 MST.

Victor Karpenko
(Viktor) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Outdoors and More on 11/01/2006 23:46:34 MST Print View

Outdoors and More provided great service. I called them Monday morning and MicroPuff arrived this afternoon (wed).

pack nwcurt
(curtpeterson) - M

Re: Re: Re: WOW on 11/02/2006 08:44:08 MST Print View

Dale - are these the hooded version?

Anybody care to describe the fit? I have no Patagonia gear. Curious if it's "fitted" or "athletic" cut or it's a roomy puffy jacket.

Thanks!

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW on 11/02/2006 10:51:51 MST Print View

Yes, they are hooded with full zipper, hand pockets and a big mesh pocket inside. I usually wear an XL and the large is just right. I would stick to my normal size if I were going to do some serious layering. In this case I'm not planning on any more than a silkweight tee and a microfleece under. I'm not a climber, so I was looking for light camp and possible sleep insulation. The smaller size fits under my rain gear better too. I would call them "roomy."

Check out the clothing video by Steve House showing his layering techniques-- he piles up several fleece layers and then a polyfil jacket on top of that for high altitude climbing. All Patagnoia stuff of course :) Not like hiking stuff-- if it's that cold, I'm stayin' home!

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/patagonia.go?assetid=10109

pack nwcurt
(curtpeterson) - M

Re: WOW on 11/02/2006 13:35:09 MST Print View

Thanks, Dale. I just got the last MicroPuff (lucky me it was XXL) in the entire store.

-Curt