Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins'
Display Avatars Sort By:
Melissa Aquino
(melissaapop) - F
Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:15:41 MDT Print View

Hey everyone! I'm currently working with Earthjustice to get the word out about Save Our Skins - a campaign created to combat Congressional plans that will greatly affect the wilderness and endangered species. I talked to one of the mods before posting and got the go-ahead, so hope it's cool with you all if I share this...

Save Our Skins passes the soapbox to the animals themselves; each animal uses a Twitter account to narrate their stories. Visit http://earthjustice.org/wolfsos to catch up with the magnificent Gray Wolf, who, contrary to popular belief, just wants to hang. Big bad wolf? More like big RAD wolf! ;)

Follow the Gray Wolf and his friends mama Polar Bear and Salmon at http://earthjustice.org/sos. All three are resilient creatures who did not survive this long just to have politicians put their existence up for a vote. Please help us get the word out about this vital issue by sending a letter to Senators Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell. Earthjustice aims to send 37,000 letters telling Congress that we oppose these attacks on the ESA, and we need you to help us reach our goal! These animals deserve to be on this earth as much as the rest of us: extinction is not an option. Check out more info at our Social Media Release at http://pitch.pe/132023, and feel free to share the news right away via Twitter!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts! Are there any other endangered species that you'd like to see extra attention called to?

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:20:01 MDT Print View

"each animal uses a Twitter account to narrate their stories"

Give me a break!

First post, huh?

--B.G.--

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:27:21 MDT Print View

Bob, I bet you thought this tread was going to be about "climbing" skins for your skis, and you assumed someone was going to outlaw them.
Little did we know that there are animals that can tweet- if they know how to tweet, no bear canister is going to out wit them. Pandora's box has been opened.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:32:19 MDT Print View

What is congress proposing that threatens wildlife?

Animals with twitter accounts? Hopefully people won't be too mean to you. I hope you have a thick skin.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:49:24 MDT Print View

Bob,

Don't laugh about it. EarthJustice is a Sierra Club spin-off. $40 mil in assests. Much of the staff and board members are attorneys. Last year salaries, attorney fees and related staff expenses ($16 mil) was about 1/2 of total expensnes.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 14:54:02 MDT Print View

Nick, thanks for the information. I will try to make sure that they don't get any of my money.

--B.G.--

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 15:28:34 MDT Print View

"each animal uses a Twitter account to narrate their stories."

Very cute idea. Personalize the stories to make them more meaningful to interested people. I wish you luck.

Matt Jones
(mjones) - F
? on 03/31/2011 15:40:44 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by mjones on 03/31/2011 15:42:43 MDT.

Douglas Wolf
(munnin) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
Re: Battle Anti-Wildlife Legislation with 'Save Our Skins' on 03/31/2011 20:00:33 MDT Print View

@BronxZoosCobra