High Performance Halloween Costume
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Wills
(willspower3) - F
High Performance Halloween Costume on 10/27/2006 11:59:34 MDT Print View

I just got done making my Epic Liberty Ridge Jacket and pants last night and decided it would make a great Halloween Costume to be the Gordon's Fisherman. I make a scrap hat and a Polarguard 3D beard to go with it. I was curious if anyone else uses backpacking gear for Halloween costumes.Trust the gordons fishermanFull body suitjust the suit- 4AM
It would awesome for others to post pics in this thread, especially if its homemade

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
That's Hilarious! on 10/27/2006 12:22:36 MDT Print View

wow... very cool...

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
High Performance Halloween Costume on 10/27/2006 19:04:50 MDT Print View

Well the beard should at least keep you warm down to about 30 F.

David Stenberg
(dstenberg1) - F

Locale: South
Epic shell and pants on 10/30/2006 11:25:38 MST Print View

Great picture!

How do you like the shell and pants? how much do they weigh? Was the kit easy to follow?

I really like the epic set-up and wanted to know what you think about it.

David Wills
(willspower3) - F
Re: Epic shell and pants on 10/30/2006 17:28:29 MST Print View

Thanks! I love the finished product. The Large shirt and 34-34" pants weigh 4.4 oz each. I would recommend a full zip on the shirt, which would only involve a minimal amount of kit modification and another half ounce or so. I got a waterproof zipper for it. the pattern is great, but the instructions are quite a bit lacking in detail (vs. RayWay kits anyway). I ended up doing what I though would work instead of trying to figure out the directions' meanings were for a few parts without incedent. The fabric feels great though and has great breathability. I feel like a much better seamster though, due to the challenging directions and attention to detail needed for the jacket. I would highly recommend it if you have a few tarp/quilt/ backpacks under your belt.

Nathan Moody
(atomick) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: High Performance Halloween Costume on 10/30/2006 19:44:25 MST Print View

David Wills wrote:
----------------
I was curious if anyone else uses backpacking gear for Halloween costumes.
----------------

I plan on giving out candy for Halloween tomorrow night wearing my OR NinjaClava. :-)

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: Re: High Performance Halloween Costume on 10/31/2006 02:33:35 MST Print View

Good idea. Mind if i steal it? I'll opt for my OR GorillaClava. Either that, or full Gimli regalia.

David Stenberg
(dstenberg1) - F

Locale: South
epic shell and pants on 10/31/2006 07:57:26 MST Print View

Thanks for replying about weight and the kits. I am looking forward to making some gear. I appreciate the heads up about difficulty. I plan on making tarp and bivy before I work on clothing.

Brandon Freeman
(witness33) - F
Re: High Performance Halloween Costume on 11/09/2006 12:28:09 MST Print View

Sweet outfit it seems I have seen it before