Dear Milkman Devotee
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Crosby
(djjmikie) - MLife

Locale: Ky
Dear Milkman Devotee on 03/29/2011 07:44:57 MDT Print View

I recieved this in my email box this morning:

Dear Milkman Devotee:

Thank you for your interest in Milkman, the Instant Low Fat Milk powder for the discriminating palate. We at Marron Foods are bringing this favorite back for people like you who have made it clear Milkman is a product without equal.

Marron Foods has worked hard to preserve the original formula and even the original look and feel of the packaging. We are very interested in your feedback and would like to send you a sample of the product that delivers low fat milk with a taste that has "the kiss of cream".

Please respond to this e-mail with your exact name and mailing address and we will get a sample out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

(Peggy McGuinness for)

Dan Pearson

Brand Manager

Marron Foods

www.marronfoods.com

914-967-2442 ext 14

914-967-2220 fax

914-924-8061 cell

dpearson@marronfoods.com

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Milkman on 03/29/2011 08:15:28 MDT Print View

Go, Michael! Represent us and make us proud! Gotta, gotta, gotta have me some Milkman. Nothing else has filled the void. I think you need to demand that they offer it through REI again, so that it's available to us all (as opposed to Trader Joe's, which many of us don't have access to). Yay, Milkman returns!

Matthew Marasco
(BabyMatty) - F

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
re: on 03/29/2011 15:57:42 MDT Print View

Aware me?

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

Locale: Atlantic North East
My Vote is for Nido on 03/29/2011 16:06:16 MDT Print View

Nido is the closest thing to real whole milk and you can get it at the supermarket.

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Locale: Midwest
Re: My Vote is for Nido on 03/29/2011 17:00:51 MDT Print View

Nido here too, cheap, tastes pretty close to real milk, and it's whole so it's got killer caloric density.

Mix it up and toss the bottle in the stream while I cook dinner, I have cold milk by supper time.

Sky Horne
(simplyalpine)

Locale: Vagabonding..
Nido all the way. on 03/29/2011 17:11:44 MDT Print View

I use Nido in many of my dehydrated meals, and for shakes in the morning. The stuff is LEGIT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Nido on 03/29/2011 17:42:31 MDT Print View

yuppers!

Eugene Hollingsworth
(GeneH_BPL) - F
Dear Milkman Devotee on 03/29/2011 19:42:57 MDT Print View

I gotta go check my email - they better have sent one to me also. :-) I just set a reminder to go off end of next month to write again... just a sec, I'll be back...

Addendum: nope, nothing in my email. Shucks.

I can't seem to find Nido here in Mpls. either...stuck with Carnation....

Edited by GeneH_BPL on 03/29/2011 19:49:16 MDT.

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Locale: Midwest
nido on 03/29/2011 19:56:14 MDT Print View

I've had the best luck finding Nido in the "ethnic" foods section of the grocery stores, especially in areas with higher Hispanic populations. I've been told Hispanic and sometimes Asian or other ethnic grocery stores tend to carry it as well.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
^ exactly on 03/29/2011 20:27:45 MDT Print View

mine is found in the Hispanic aisle of my Walmart, not with the other powdered milk

be careful as there are two kinds of Nido, one is a baby formula one :)

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

Wierd Distribution on 03/30/2011 03:59:37 MDT Print View

Yes, Nido doesn't exist in waspy supermarkets, wasps like their no-fat dry milk.
Go to the right neighborhood and you even find it in convenience stores. Latin American, Caribbean, Asian, ... neighborhoods demand better powder milk.

William Brown
(MatthewBrown) - F

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns
Nice on 03/30/2011 06:41:57 MDT Print View

"the kiss of cream"

I'm such a sucker. I'll have to try some just because of this line.

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

Nido on 03/30/2011 07:03:32 MDT Print View

Like MM said,

Make sure you don't get the baby version of Nido, it has less fat and from what I remember, a shorter shelf life.
I think regular Nido has a shelf life of 2 years, which is pretty good considering it has real milkfat.

Eugene Hollingsworth
(GeneH_BPL) - F
Dear Milkman Devotee - I found Nedo on 03/31/2011 18:59:59 MDT Print View

Good grief. Found it at Walmart, a mile from where I have worked for 3 years. Pretty good - way past my expectations and I mixed it to taste - about 1/3 to 1/2 strength.

My Milkman sample should be on it's way in a couple days so I'll have 2 to compare. Nice!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
No Stinkin' Powder for Me! on 03/31/2011 19:08:36 MDT Print View

So, has anyone tried this?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: No Stinkin' Powder for Me! on 03/31/2011 19:24:33 MDT Print View

"So, has anyone tried this?"

Of course! Now, it was decades ago, and it wasn't frozen. I tried to get Mom to stick it in the freezer but she was having none of that!

Douglas Wolf
(munnin) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
Re: Dear Milkman Devotee on 03/31/2011 19:28:59 MDT Print View

Almost read this as 'Dear Milkman Dan Devotee'...

Steven McAllister
(brooklynkayak) - MLife

I originally read it as Dead Milkmen:-) on 03/31/2011 19:38:37 MDT Print View

Shows you where my head was at?:

Dead Milkmen

David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Nido on 03/31/2011 20:13:45 MDT Print View

I want to use it because its so easy to find in the store but I am still dubious of milk made by Nestle after melamine was found in their milk a few years ago.

Edited by Davidpcvsamoa on 03/31/2011 20:14:16 MDT.

cat amador
(catballou24) - F
milkman on 04/19/2011 08:05:59 MDT Print View

I just came across this while doing a search for this product. We moved to Hawaii several years ago and as I couldn't find it there I thought it just wasn't shipped to the islands. When we moved back to the mainland I was excited that I'd be able to buy this again only to find it was gone off the shelves. Boohoo!

I am so encouraged by the fact that they are sending samples. I just wrote to the company and am hoping to get a reply. I am really looking forward to being able to buy this product again! I've missed it for over 11 years..

Thank you so much for this info!