I made mine with Polarguard 3D, used two layers of 3oz if I recall correctly. Differentially cut. 1.1 oz ripstop outer, lining was pieces of a really light blanket I got on an airline - basically a brushed fabric that is really light, like maybe 2 oz/yd. I did the brushed lining so I could put them on with no socks and be comfortable, which I sometimes do. I like the lining. Soles are 160d cordura with 1/4" closed cell foam. For outdoors I have overbooties, knee-high single layer fabric (1.1 rip top again) with 3/8" foam in the soles. So when I go out I have a total of 5/8" foam underfoot.
I also tried Toughtek (a kind of grippy rubberish frabic that I have used for mitten shell palms) for the soles, but it was slippery on ice - not good.
I had made pile booties before, and had a pattern that I developed for those. I modified that pattern and made two versions of it, one larger for the outer layer, one smaller for the inner. Making a pattern for booties is pretty easy by trial and error if you have some scrap fabric to play with.