Really thin Velcro -- source
Display Avatars Sort By:
Simon Wurster
(Einstein) - F

Locale: Big Apple
Really thin Velcro -- source on 03/28/2011 10:40:23 MDT Print View

The guys in our computer room have this 1/2" wide, really thin and flexible two-sided velcro. They use it to tie the computer cables and what-not together. It's like Velcro One-Wrap, but incredibly thin and lightweight.

And no one knows what brand it is, nor has the original packaging, nor what the item no. is at Office Max (if it was even bought there). I tried hunting it down in Staples and Office Max, to no avail.

Amazon has oodles of this stuff (no-brand One-Wrap), but I'd hate to buy a roll and find out it's too thick or heavy.

Anyone work with this stuff for MYOG projects? Just looking for a source...

Nancy Charlier
(ncharlier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Really thin velcro on 03/28/2011 10:57:15 MDT Print View

I used to have a roll of thin Velcro-esque green tape that was sold through a garden catalogue--it was made for holding plants to stakes. Looking on Amazon just now, I found it, and it's actually made by Velcro. Look under "Velcro plant ties"; 45 feet by 1/2 inch, for $3.59. I don't think it sticks as tightly as regular Velcro, though.

Simon Wurster
(Einstein) - F

Locale: Big Apple
Re: Really thin velcro on 03/28/2011 11:07:51 MDT Print View

Wow, that may work, and it's cheap too. But this does give me another hands-on source (maybe Lowe's and Home Depot). Thanks Nancy!