Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag at "The Clymb"
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag at "The Clymb" on 03/25/2011 10:35:31 MDT Print View

The Clymb is offering Kelty gear now until sometime Monday morning, including the recently reviewed Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag, size regular and long ... $49.98.

Jesse Toedtman
(jessetoedtman) - F

Locale: Upstate NY
membership on 03/25/2011 10:40:21 MDT Print View

Would anyone be kind enough to help in getting me a membership there? My email address is jessetoedtman@gmail.com

I tried to register, but it said I have to have been invited by someone-

Chris Martin
(wombatz) - F
membership on 03/25/2011 10:48:57 MDT Print View

Check your mail :o)~

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
nice on 03/25/2011 10:52:25 MDT Print View

Decent price on the Lightyear 20 degree down bag as well . . .

If anyone needs one here's an invite : http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/ToddDea

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Locale: Morrison, CO
invite on 03/25/2011 11:09:34 MDT Print View

if someone needs an invite, my link is http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tedehrlich80227

Manuel Espejo
(manuel.espejo) - F

Locale: La Cuchilla de los Santa.
help. on 03/26/2011 13:01:47 MDT Print View

i can't buy at the climb, Colombian credit card. someone can make me the favor, i can transfer the money via paypal. thanks

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
gone on 03/26/2011 19:25:00 MDT Print View

it's sold out...

Brett Iverson
(Biverson) - F
TJ Maxx?? on 03/29/2011 17:04:20 MDT Print View

I was extremely surprised to find this bag at my local TJ Maxx for $50; had to snatch it at that price. I know all TJ maxx's have different supplies, but maybe check around if you're in need.

Tayler Shaeffer
(Tshaeffer) - F

Locale: The Great N.W.
Ted on 03/31/2011 15:14:45 MDT Print View

Thanks alot Ted. Really appreciate it!

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Locale: Morrison, CO
Re: Ted on 03/31/2011 15:48:02 MDT Print View

no problem

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
TJ Maxx on 04/14/2011 13:53:30 MDT Print View

Based on this thread, I went looking for the Kelty Cosmic Down at TJ Maxx. they didn't have it, but they had a Kelty Light Trekker for $50. Everything about it is identical to the Cosmic Down 20 (Color, size, style, weight, fill, temp rating, etc.), it just has a different name embroidered on it.

So it looks like I'm going to be taking a second shot at down bags.

Thanks for the TJ Maxx tip!

Mark Rash
(markrvp) - M

Locale: North Texas
Kelty Bag on 04/15/2011 15:11:30 MDT Print View

Still looking.

Edited by markrvp on 04/15/2011 15:33:11 MDT.

John Rodo
(tongopacker) - F
Kelty Light trekker on 04/16/2011 19:20:25 MDT Print View

I checked several TJ Maxx by me (detroit) but no dice.

Any chance one of you folks who have seen the light trekker in stores for $50 would ship one to me if I paid for the tax and shipping? Or I would also be happy to buy any extra cosmic down 20s that people have have gotten from the clymb for a similar price. I'm looking all over for a bargain 3 season bag. I would be extremely grateful.

John

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

So far so good... on 04/16/2011 22:19:25 MDT Print View

I'm actually bedding down in my new bag now. So far I like it.

They did have a second one at my local store. I will check if it's still there when I get back into town tomorrow.

Ken

Edited by TheFatBoy on 04/17/2011 18:52:03 MDT.

Zachary Zrull
(zackcentury) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Re: Kelty Light trekker on 04/16/2011 23:31:52 MDT Print View

I've been to TJ Maxx from Livonia to Ann Arbor, and never seen a sleeping bag for sale there. Perhaps they go quickly, if they ever do come in stock. So, don't bother venturing any further west of Detroit to find it. I've found some nice Columbia and Darn Tough Vermont gear though.

Here's the best price I've seen for the Cosmic 20 (where it's actually in stock!)
VMInnovations

John Rodo
(tongopacker) - F
Thanks on 04/16/2011 23:37:49 MDT Print View

Ken,

Thanks for checking on that for me, I appreciate it. One other thing I meant to ask was if this bag would be OK for a 6 foot tall person (I am 6 foot and 1/2 inch) - it says it's ok in the specs, but we all know how that goes.

Zachary,

Thanks for the info - one could certainly spend enough on gas to buy a sleeping bag by searching around metro detroit.

Paul Ensley
(palooka) - M

Locale: Indiana
Re: Thanks on 04/17/2011 00:30:07 MDT Print View

John,

I am exactly 6 feet tall (190lbs), and I fit in a regular sized Cosmic Down 20 quite comfortably. I would imagine you would be just fine at 6 foot and 1/2 inch.

I got mine at www.sunnysports.com. It's on sale right now for $78 with free shipping.

No affiliation, just a good deal.

Brett Iverson
(Biverson) - F
Re: TJ Maxx on 04/17/2011 11:01:42 MDT Print View

haha, no problem for the tip. I actually didn't even notice this wasn't the cosmic until I saw this! How perceptive I am. I noticed the compression sack said "Light Trekker," but was like, eh, must just be a different sack; but like you said, they are the same bag with different names.

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Got one for you, John! on 04/17/2011 19:06:29 MDT Print View

John,

I got back from my Scout campout and headed to T.J. Maxx. They sill had the second one in stock. It's now sitting here next to my computer waiting for it's new home. As for fit... I am 5'10" and 240lbs (40" waist, 55" shoulders). I fit comfortably with room to pull an arm up over my head. I think you'll be just fine, but just in case, I paid cash, so you shouldn't have any problem returning it (within 30 days of today) to your local TJ Maxx. $53.91 with tax, plus shipping from 62269 (52 ounces on my scale, 8"x8"x15"). PM me for shipping/payment details.

Everyone else,
The manager said each store only got a couple of these bags (this store got exactly two, and I've bought them both). In my store they were stocked on the "mens gifts" shelf, behind a home massager and some phone chargers. If you want one, you need to ask! It's not a regularly stocked item, so it may be stocked anywhere (at the whim of the stocker).

Ken

John Rodo
(tongopacker) - F
Can't PM on 04/17/2011 19:53:37 MDT Print View

Hi Ken,

It says that I can't PM you, so e-mail me at johnrodo@yahoo.com and I'll reply with my information and such.

By the way, Thank you!