Want to Rent: Bear Canister, Ice Axe, Microspikes
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rich Hastings
(Hottrod33) - F
Want to Rent: Bear Canister, Ice Axe, Microspikes on 03/24/2011 20:42:21 MDT Print View

I'm planning a thru-hike of the PCT this year. I am on a budget and am trying to limit my costs.

Would anyone be interested in renting me any of these items items for the month or so I would need them in the Sierras? That would be awesome if there one person had all these and it all could be mailed and back and forth once.

I am gentle on my equipment, so I would take good care of yours too.

Thanks!

Rodney Mruk
(rodney_mruk) - M

Locale: Northeast Oregon
Want to Rent: Bear Canister, Ice Axe, Microspikes on 03/24/2011 21:37:21 MDT Print View

Rich,

I sent you a personal message. I might be able to help you out. By the way, it pays to me a member of this community!!!

Rodney

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Help on 03/24/2011 21:58:11 MDT Print View

I have a Garcia bear canister you can use, no charge, just pay shipping. Let me know if you're interested. Jack

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
sizing on 03/24/2011 22:17:58 MDT Print View

Rich, it would help if you let us know your shoe size, and also if you have any idea what size you are for ice axes. G'luck!

Rich Hastings
(Hottrod33) - F
Shoe size, axe size on 03/24/2011 23:39:38 MDT Print View

I would be approx. 11.5/12 for shoes.

I believe that I would be ~70cm for the ice axe. Although I'm guessing that I would not actually need to use it much so length may not be too critical.

roberto nahue
(carspidey) - F

Locale: san fernando valley
renting bear canister on 03/24/2011 23:41:48 MDT Print View

https://www.wild-ideas.net/rent.html

i was checking the above site... it already looks like you are getting it for free from one of the members... just in case, the above site rents canister...

frank martin
(sriprank) - F

Locale: NORCAL
Bear Cannister on 03/25/2011 04:43:09 MDT Print View

The PCT-L list has a Bear Cannister Loan Program.

Brian Miracle
(bmiracle)
Another Thru hiker looking for the same on 04/02/2011 03:45:15 MDT Print View

I am heading down to campo to be part of the class of 2011 and am hiking on a tight budget as well and was looking for some generous souls will to rent out or loan out like Rich. I was thinking about doing the trail axeless but I figured that doing Whitney that way might be a little foolish.

Im looking for a 60-70 axe and wear a 10.5 shoe. Just send me an email, or I live in Portland OR now, and will be heading back to Boise ID in a couple of weeks so if anyone is in either of those areas I could meet in person.

thanks
Brian
bmiracle2@gmail.com

Also Frank on the loan program I already checked and all the canisters are already spoken for.

Edited by bmiracle on 04/02/2011 04:02:36 MDT.

Dug Shelby
(Pittsburgh) - F

Locale: Bay Area
To buy... on 04/02/2011 05:10:54 MDT Print View

I have a Garcia canister, used on one overnighted & new in box essentially, and an extra ice axe (60cm, 10 oz.). I'm trying to get funds for the trip as well, I'd sell them together for $95 shipped.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Canister on 04/02/2011 08:15:08 MDT Print View

Rich, if you're interested in my bear canister post it here, or email me, my pm's don't work.
ielliot1@bak.rr.com

Thanks,Jack

Rich Hastings
(Hottrod33) - F
Thank you! on 04/02/2011 11:48:58 MDT Print View

Thank you for all of the generous offers of assistance. Rodney Mruk as offered to assist me with these items. I will let you know if any thing changes. I appreciate it very much.