Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
High ankle pain? Never had this, have you?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Alex Prinzo
(IAMALEX) - F
High ankle pain? Never had this, have you? on 03/21/2011 13:29:58 MDT Print View

I recently started a thread about my ankle injury. But I've determined this is another kind ankle injury. There are normal ankle injuries and then there are high-ankle injuries. I wasn't aware of this until today, and I think thats what I'm dealing with. I'm not sure of the extent of the damage but it, enough to annoy me thats for sure.

For those who don't know the original story here it is in a nutshell. I recently when on a 10 mile hike on the AT. It was fine until the second half of the day kicked in...The terrain got a little tougher and I rolled my ankles a few times. I was wearing my Asolo boots, and I think thats what did it...But after coming home that day my right ankle hasn't been the same.

The Pain comes from right above the ankle, and doesn't really bother me when I walk. When I put pressure on the outside of my leg though it sends a nice sharp pain. I notice it most when I go upstairs, and when walking uphill. Its on my right leg so its my dominate foot, so whenever i go to push off of it when going uphill it hurts. Never had any issues prior to this walk. I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with "high" ankle pain before and when is it necessary to see a doctor? Like I said I can walk with just mild discomfort. When I jump, or use my foot without being really careful of the position it hurts. And uphill and stairs seems to annoy it as well. Any advice?

Edited by IAMALEX on 03/21/2011 13:31:40 MDT.

Michael Chamoun
(snowchief) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: High ankle pain? Never had this, have you? on 03/21/2011 13:34:24 MDT Print View

Go see a physical therapist. They will be able to help you out. Not sure what you're state law is but you can go straight to a PT for the 1st evaluation without a MD's prescription.