Forum Index » Gear Swap » Asking for help on an Amazon purchase

Display Avatars Sort By:
Taylor Burk
(EkehMayu) - F
Asking for help on an Amazon purchase on 03/19/2011 21:45:46 MDT Print View

I was hoping someone would be willing to help me fulfill an Amazon purchase as i've had issues from ordering in the past.
As a trade, i'm willing to compensate for the transaction.

Please send me a PM

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Asking for help on an Amazon purchase on 03/19/2011 21:52:56 MDT Print View

First time posting. How about some more details as you are not setup for PMs as of now.

Taylor Burk
(EkehMayu) - F
Ordering Boxers on 03/19/2011 22:07:11 MDT Print View

I was hoping to get some wool boxer briefs from Amazon by Minus 33. I did a bit of research and decided I want to pull the trigger on trying theirs; however I need the different colors.

I was thinking that i'd have someone order them, and send them to me, and the sender will get a price of the cut.

Edited by EkehMayu on 03/19/2011 22:08:17 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Ordering Boxers on 03/19/2011 22:16:34 MDT Print View

Pretty vague there. What exactly is stopping you from ordering different colors?? Shipping cost? OTOH, can't see why shipping would be any different for different colors or all of the same. Availability? That makes no sense either...

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: Ordering Boxers on 03/19/2011 22:20:38 MDT Print View

Without more information about yourself I am sorry to say that this sounds like some kind of lame scam waiting to happen.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Ordering Boxers on 03/19/2011 22:26:06 MDT Print View

Some U.S. vendors will not complete a transaction to a location outside of the U.S.

--B.G.--

Taylor Burk
(EkehMayu) - F
Amazon Blacklist on 03/19/2011 22:28:18 MDT Print View

I can explain the story.
But in short, I am on Amazon's black list.. I once misspaid Amazon with a card and Amazon sends it to an electronic billing company to deal with. I received calls from the electronic billing company, however when I tried to pay off the debt, I would pay and receive another call a month later.
Tried contacting Amazon.
Tried contacting the company, and asking what the total was an why; but the people i've talked to have only threatened me and asked for this one payment. Naturally, I decided to not do business with Amazon (with this one exception).
I can find the company name if it's that important.
(In researching the company that deals with electronic payment, I read that it has terrible reviews on the Better Business Bureau.)

I have an Ebay account:
http://myworld.ebay.com/ekehmayu

I tried contacting Minus33; however was responded with an e-mail that I could only get it on Amazon.

My hope is to have another person ship it and pay them $30 for the service. And considering this is the place I have done most my research for wool base...

(I live in Portland, OR)

I apologize for my language, but I am a little tired right now.

I approached this vague because I was worried about arranging this with just anyone would lead to me getting scammed. I would assume I have the wrong assumption.
I would think that this is actually quite simple as i'm paying this other person first, and if any part of it goes wrong; then he or she can keep the product instead of send it to me.

Edited by EkehMayu on 03/19/2011 22:36:34 MDT.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Ordering Boxers on 03/19/2011 22:29:05 MDT Print View

You could buy an Amazon gift card at Rite-Aid, etc.. No need to include anyone else.

Edited by kthompson on 03/19/2011 22:37:50 MDT.

Taylor Burk
(EkehMayu) - F
Amazon on 03/19/2011 22:41:27 MDT Print View

I've tried different alternative's to this. I've used my new address (from KS to OR), different e-mails, different phone numbers, and one time I even tried using a family member's name.
I'm on their black list.
I've tried asking different Amazon companies if they would, such as 'Best Knickers'. If they would use PayPal to make a transaction.
Every time I buy something of Amazon, I have to sign in or register. (I buy the product, register, then realize nothing happens, and then when I try to sign in, 'Invalid'.)

I've tried using their services, and right now i'm pursuing this as my alternative.

Edited by EkehMayu on 03/19/2011 22:45:13 MDT.

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Re: Amazon Blacklist on 03/19/2011 22:47:07 MDT Print View

Check google shopping. These appear to be available elsewhere.

Taylor Burk
(EkehMayu) - F
Google Shopping on 03/19/2011 22:50:51 MDT Print View

If you can find something different, then please show provide the site. I am looking for the Minus 33 Boxer Brief in different colors than black.

I have found 'Best Knicker's' and 'Upscale Comfort' are the two, but they are both connected to Amazon.

And as I said before, I e-mailed Minus 33:

Sorry no we dont. It's a special limited item. Please note that amazon
does have free shipping.
Joel A Schweizer | Assistant Sales Manager | Minus33
22B Mill Street | PO Box 515 | Ashland NH | 03217

PH. 603.968.3351 x333
FX. 603.968.7649

joels@minus33.com
http://www.minus33.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Minus33MerinoWoolClothing

On 3/11/2011 4:46 PM, noreply@hubsoft.com wrote:
> Name: Taylor
> Subject: Merino Boxer Brief
> Message: I was wondering if you had different colors for your boxer briefs at any different online retail locations than amazon?
>
>

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Setting Up for PM on 03/19/2011 22:54:53 MDT Print View

Taylor:

Please set yourself up for PM. Then we can talk some more.

Edited by ben2world on 03/19/2011 22:55:39 MDT.

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Re: Google Shopping on 03/19/2011 23:07:38 MDT Print View

"I am looking for the Minus 33 Boxer Brief in different colors than black."

I won't ask why colors are necessary.

The below all carry icebreaker, probably in colors:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/icebreaker-touch-lab-portland

http://www.e-omc.com/

http://www.mountainshop.net/

Craig Kowalski
(KillerKowalski) - F
Fraud on 03/20/2011 02:47:00 MDT Print View

It is fraud from a mile away and it's being fueled by responses.

Ryan Elsey
(paintballswimguy) - F

Locale: Kansas City
I agree on 03/20/2011 09:23:30 MDT Print View

Sounds like fraud to me as well, he could easily have someone he works with or lives near, order them, and just pay that person for them.

darren smith
(smudgedj) - F
Scam on 03/20/2011 11:15:20 MDT Print View

"I apologize for my language, but I am a little Nigerian right now"

Edited for accuracy

;-)

Chris H
(-NXP-) - F

Locale: Upper Midwest
3rd party transactions on 03/20/2011 11:58:31 MDT Print View

I know this site is fantastic in both it's member's support and their willingness to help other members, but I can't believe there's no rule against 3rd party transactions. Every forum I'm part of that has a marketplace has rules regarding 3rd party purchasing and that it's just not allowed.

OP, my suggestion is to either learn to like black, do some better searching, or find someone local.

IMO.

Doug Reeves
(strawman) - F

Locale: God's Country
Agreed on 03/20/2011 12:58:13 MDT Print View

No way this is legit...no friends, family, co-workers, etc that could help him out? He'd rather pay $30 to someone he doesn't know?

BRIAN TACKETT
(tacksman99) - F

Amazon purchase on 03/20/2011 13:11:35 MDT Print View

Come on guy's...........if you act now, you can also win the Kenya Lottery $1,000,000,000 at no extra charge..........

Just send your bank information for a quick deposit.....