Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Honey Stinger 20g Protein Bars
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brad Walker
(brawa)

Locale: SoCal
Honey Stinger 20g Protein Bars on 03/16/2011 14:08:46 MDT Print View

$0.83 each at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/744310

Can use dividend, and free ship to store of course.

Sooooo tasty. Tried them for the first time a few weeks ago, just ordered a lot more :)

350 calories each. SAC has them everyone once in a while, but a 12 pack there is $17 plus shipping.

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: Honey Stinger 20g Protein Bars on 03/16/2011 14:59:54 MDT Print View

nice ill try 10 for that price. do these expire soon or something?

Brad Walker
(brawa)

Locale: SoCal
Expiration on 03/16/2011 15:43:50 MDT Print View

No idea, I should have thought of that. Haha, I'll find out soon enough. I guess if you're concerned you can try to ask someone over chat.

Ryan Linn
(ryan.c.linn)

Locale: Maine!
Re: Expiration on 03/16/2011 15:54:15 MDT Print View

Oooh good deal. I, for one, don't mind slightly expired energy bars. I once ate an entire box of clif bars that were 5 years past expiration. Taste and texture was exactly the same as if new. Not that I'm saying that was a good idea.

I wonder if the amount of honey in the stinger bars helps prolong the shelf life...

Dug Shelby
(Pittsburgh) - F

Locale: Bay Area
Thanks for the heads up! on 03/16/2011 23:32:07 MDT Print View

I just ran over & bought 70 bars for my thru-hike. :)

1/2 chocolate, 1/2 peanut butter...free shipping to the REI across the street from my work...plus take some off with my dividend...equals WAY cheaper than the cheapest Clif Bar at .99 centavos!

Stoked. Double stoked. That just bought a hotel room for myself somewhere along the trail! :)

As for the honey...I'm sure it has to help, especially with pliability...I use a lot of honey in my homemade beef/turkey jerky to keep it from turning to total leather & preserve it....so maybe?

Dug
http://thf2.wordpress.com

Edited by Pittsburgh on 03/16/2011 23:34:27 MDT.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
30 bars for me on 03/17/2011 08:57:50 MDT Print View

I just picked up 30 bars for myself. I went with a mix of chocolate and PB. At 2.3 ounce for those calories......great deal. THANKS