Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail
Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail on 03/15/2011 13:37:04 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail on 03/17/2011 09:54:22 MDT Print View

I've done a fair bit of splitboarding in this area but no backpacking. Let me tell you, the off-trail travel is MUCH easier in the snow. Nice to see some photos and read a description of the area in the summer though as it is on my list of places to hike.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail on 03/17/2011 16:51:07 MDT Print View

Very entertaining...always nice to hear about others misfortune on the trail. ;)

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail on 03/17/2011 17:27:09 MDT Print View

> off-trail travel is MUCH easier in the snow.
Yeah, we have a place like that too: huge scree field right where you want to go up or down a major gully. But on skis ...

Cheers

Thomas Trebisky
(trebisky)

Locale: Southern Arizona
stockpiling mosquitos on 03/30/2011 19:20:16 MDT Print View

I have heard of hordes of mosquitos, but this is the first time I have heard of anyone hoarding mosquitos!