Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Trail Days 2011!!!!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Trail Days 2011!!!! on 03/12/2011 19:51:56 MST Print View

Hey everyone, I wanted to get the 2011 Trail Days on everyone's calendars. It's on May 13-15 in Damascus, VA. It's a thru-hiker festival in southwest VA the weekend after Mothers Day. The bulk of thru-hikers are in the area at that time, and previous thru-hikers drive in from all over the US. Damascus has the rep of being the "frieldiest town on the AT" and it's always been a fun weekend.

Here is link to the official site. They don't have a final schedule, but they will fill it as time gets closer, so keep checking.

Official Trail Days Site

Although you might think that UL backpacking has the strongest support in CA, I have found that most of the major UL cottage manufacturers are in attendence at Trail Days (e.g., Go-Lite, MLD, Hennessey Hammock, Trail Designs, AntiGravity Gear, Jacks R Better, BPL, Gossamer Gear, Etowah Outfitters, Packa, Enertial Trail Foods, Speer Hammocks, Nemo, Lightheart Gear, Terra Nova, Vargo, Six Moons, etc, etc...in no particular order since there are so many).

Here is a link to my trip report from last year, to give you a flavor of the event.

My 2010 Trail Days Trip Report

I am planning to go down this year (but no firm plans), and thought it might be fun to have a BPL meet-and-greet at the booths or tent city. Let me know if people are interested!!

Tom

Edited by TomClark on 03/13/2011 06:13:24 MDT.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Re: Trail Days 2011!!!! on 05/02/2011 20:57:39 MDT Print View

Just a reminder that Trail Days is in less than 2 weeks. An updated schedule of speakers is on their website. Here are the vendors that were listed. Unfortunately, I don't see BPL or Gossamer Gear...what's up guys?

Corporate/Retail Vendors
ADVENTURE DAMASCUS

AHNU

AWOL / THE A.T. GUIDE

APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVACY

APPY TRAILS LLC

BLACK DIAMOND EQUIPMENT

CEDAR TREE INDUSTRY

DRESS WELL OUTDOORS

FIFTYSENSE

FLAGLER FILMS

FOUR DOG STOVE CO

GREEN LABEL ORGANIC

GREGORY MTN PRODUCTS

HENNESSY HAMMOCKS

HYPERLITE MTN GEAR

JACKS R BETTER LLC, and ANTI GRAVITY GEAR

2JOLLY ROGERS, LLC

LIGHTHEART GEAR

LOKI, LLC

MOUNTAIN LAUREL DESIGNS

MOUNTAIN SPORTS LTD

NEMO EQUIPMENT

OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER

OUTDOOR HERBIVORE

PASTA WENCH, INC.

SIX MOON DESIGNS

TARMA DESIGNS

THE GEAR HOUSE

THE OUTFITTERS AT HARPERS FERRY

TREE TO TREE TRAIL GEAR

TREMONT ELECTRIC

VARGO OUTDOORS

Manufacturers represented at the campground include:.

LEKI Trekking Poles

Mountain Hardware

Snowpeak

Katadyn

Montrail

Nomad, Inc

Gregory

Osprey

MSR

Vasque

Big Agnes

Granite Gear

AKU footwear

Helinox Trekking Poles

Backpacker Magazine

Etowah

Princeton Tec

Birkenstock

Ruff Wear

Therm-A-Rest

JJ Mathes
(JMathes) - F

Locale: Southeast US
Trail Days on 05/03/2011 06:52:35 MDT Print View

Tom- I'll be there on Saturday

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Trail Days Pittsburgh carpool on 05/06/2011 08:23:52 MDT Print View

I'll be going down on either Thursday or Friday, so if anyone from the Pittsburgh area wants a ride, I'm glad to offer it. Too bad you're on the other side of our wide state, Tom.

But we should definitely plan a BPL meet-up. Since you've been there before, Tom, do you have a good idea for when and where?

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

BPL get-together at Trail Days on 05/06/2011 19:42:41 MDT Print View

I think a BPL get-together at Trail Days in Damascus would be great. I'm getting into town on Thursday afternoon and will be staying in tent city (look for the blue Sierra Designs Flashlight tent with a 8x10 tarp in front).

Who else is interested?

Tent City at Trail Days 2010

Tom

Patrick S
(xpatrickxad) - F

Locale: Upper East TN
Re: Trail Days on 05/06/2011 23:09:56 MDT Print View

I'll most likely be there Saturday. Its just an hour over the hill from my front door and I hope to see some old friends. Seeing some of the vendors gear might be a bit of a bonus.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Re: BPL get-together at Trail Days on 05/07/2011 20:13:04 MDT Print View

I'm talking with Ron Bell to set a time & place where we can catch up with other BPL folks, but are thinking Friday evening ~6 pm. I'll let folks know the place once that gets settled. Nothing big planned, but I told Ron I'd spring for a "the best box of wine that money can buy" to get things going. Just need to check on a few details.
Tom

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

!!!!BPL get-together at Trail Days!!!! on 05/11/2011 19:34:38 MDT Print View

Let's meet at the MLD booth at 6 pm on Friday night. If there is interest, we can hang out at my tent/tarp for some red wine and Five Alarm Chili Peanuts (I work for Planters/Kraft, and got some freebies).
Tom

Andrew Wolff
(Andrew)

Locale: Chattanooga
Traildays on 05/12/2011 18:00:44 MDT Print View

Looks like I will be making it. See you all at six at the MLD booth.