Forum Index » Gear Deals » Merino Beanies, hand knitted.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Merino Beanies, hand knitted. on 03/12/2011 16:23:40 MST Print View

These beanies are made with 100% washable ans stretchy Merino wool. They weigh between 45 and 52 grams. They are a lightweight 3 season for California. The smartwool beanie is slightly heavier, but having two layers, it is probably a little warmer. I made two styles. The more minimal has a rolled edge that you pull down your ears. The other style has a folded edge. Price is $28.00 shipped. I will take back, exchange and fix any hat I make.

These are unisex and fit small through large.

#2 and #4 and #7 are SOLD

Number seven has sold. Thanks

Edited by Kat_P on 03/14/2011 21:34:44 MDT.

Steve Hawkins
(Shawk) - F

Locale: Midwest
Perfect for St Patty day on 03/12/2011 19:04:58 MST Print View

Pm sent on #7

Dug Shelby
(Pittsburgh) - F

Locale: Bay Area
Awesome! on 03/12/2011 19:22:24 MST Print View

I just received mine in the mail less than an hour ago...it's beautiful, incredibly soft & warm. Thank you Kat, it's even nicer than I had thought, or heard from others. I'll be buying these as gifts!

Dug
http://thf2.wordpress.com

Matthew Marasco
(BabyMatty) - F

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
re: on 03/12/2011 19:23:40 MST Print View

Can you do one in all black?

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Black on 03/12/2011 19:26:59 MST Print View

I have one all in black, with the doubled over edge, not rolled.

a b
(Ice-axe)
A Plug for Kat's hats on 03/12/2011 19:27:27 MST Print View

I have to say i really like the Hat I bought from Kat at the BPL Coe event. We all talk about buying goods from American workers well here is the chance! Handmade top quality wool Hats with a guarantee. Thanks Kat!

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE nice beenies on 03/12/2011 23:00:32 MST Print View

Kat I love my beenie, "Thanks" Just to let others know how mine works. I wore it on the Henry Coe trip, I especially liked wearing it that night with my sleep system, I normaly wear a fleece balaclava at night, but I tried Kats beenie and it works really well, by that I mean, when I wear the balaclava my head tends to get a little hot, and I'm always adjusting it to cool off, unless it gets into the 20's, then I don't fiddle with it so much, but with Kats beenie my head stayed warm and could still vent, so I didn't get that sweaty feeling in the middle of the night. Thanks again Kat. My daughter also loves her Noen green w/black stripes, so do the kids at her school that keep trying to steel it. This is my "GO TO BEENIE" from now on, or untill it wears out and I need to buy another one from you.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Merino Beanies, hand knitted. on 03/12/2011 23:29:30 MST Print View

I wear mine all the time. It is so soft and warm.

Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lake State
Merino Beanies, hand knitted. on 03/13/2011 15:10:33 MDT Print View

PM sent on #3.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Beanie on 03/13/2011 16:51:01 MDT Print View

Boy! Kat you're tempting me with that #2 Never mind I just seen it is sold, WHUUUUWWWWW!!!

Edited by jumpbackjack on 03/13/2011 16:52:23 MDT.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Merino Beanies, hand knitted. on 03/17/2011 15:15:47 MDT Print View

#4 is very nice. Thank you.

Cameron Phillips
(Jean-Guille) - F

Locale: Southern California
Exactly As Advertised on 03/19/2011 15:44:03 MDT Print View

I received my beanie today; thank you very much. It is exactly as advertised (and a little more). I would recommend these to anyone considering one.

Lightweight, super soft, and obviously handmade with care. It seems to be warm enough, as Kat wrote, for 3-season California wear, but not so heavy that I can't wear it while on the move, hiking when the wind or cold is too much for my baseball cap.

The craftsmanship and materials are excellent, and thankfully the sizing is good. I wear a 7 1/2 to 7 5/8 in fitted ball caps, and this fits perfectly without being too snug or too loose. It covers my ears as well, which is important to me, as this will be my backpacking beanie (I got one of the folded edge beanies).

Kat's communication was prompt and courteous, and the beanie arrived within days of my sending payment. Probably my favorite thing about it is the handmade nature; I'm confident I won't run into anyone on the trail wearing this beanie! :-)