Forum Index » GEAR » The Kettle is coming !

Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
The Kettle is coming ! on 03/12/2011 15:26:13 MST Print View

I was notified last night that the Montgomery ( Backcountry Boiler) Kettle is (finally...)on it's way.
Mine is coming via a detour so I will not get it for a few weeks . I will be looking forward to the comments from other lucky recipients.
Franco

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: The Kettle is coming ! on 03/12/2011 15:28:25 MST Print View

Franco,

When I get mine on Monday, I'd be happy to post a picture of me fondl .....er ....... trying it out every day, every .... single .... day .... until you get yours. Not to rub it in or anything, I'd never do that.....

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
The kettle on 03/12/2011 15:34:22 MST Print View

Hopefully mine is on its way. A delivery notification ended up in my spam box. It included a document attatchment. I'm scared to open it incase it messes up my PC. The email contains lots of spelling mistakes!

Chris Chatman
(ChrisChatman) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
Shipping question on 03/12/2011 18:54:30 MST Print View

I don't think I've received a shipping notice. When did you guys order? Did you order through BPL? I ordered 2/12 so I hope I'm in the first batch.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
shipping on 03/12/2011 19:00:12 MST Print View

If you ordered in February you must have ordered through BPL. From what I understand Devin just shipped to people that ordered with him in November and to BPL. Once at BPL, they might notify you when they ship.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Shipping question on 03/12/2011 19:01:21 MST Print View

As Devin said in a previous post, shipments to all were going out at roughly the same time. This means the shipment to me directly from him is going out within a day, either side, of the shipment going to BPL. Since he just shipped them within the last couple of days (mine just shipped today), then BPL's would have just shipped, which means BPL probably hasn't received them yet, which means BPL hasn't shipped them yet.

That is all conjecture on my part, but informed conjecture at least.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
hmm on 03/12/2011 19:03:52 MST Print View

Doug, that was more convoluted than I usually manage to sound.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: hmm on 03/12/2011 19:10:58 MST Print View

"Doug, that was more convoluted than I usually manage to sound."

I'm channeling Peter V. I'm also drinking some fine 18-year Yamazaki. Perhaps those two things go together......

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: The Kettle is coming ! on 03/12/2011 19:56:47 MST Print View

so excited to see this thing.

-Tim

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
The Kettle is coming ! on 03/12/2011 20:19:57 MST Print View

I understood what Douglas meant except for the shipping details.
Franco
BTW mine has arrived

Landon Schrock
(lschrock) - F

Locale: The plain states
Shipping on 03/12/2011 23:10:54 MST Print View

Got my shipping notice as well. Looking forward to gathering backyard twigs on Monday!

Rob Bouchard
(MrZsasz) - M
No shipping notice yet on 03/13/2011 11:49:36 MDT Print View

Ordered back in the fall so excitment is growing with each post all of you make.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: The Kettle is coming ! on 03/13/2011 12:03:13 MDT Print View

This is for Devin, since it looks like direct email might not work:

Hi Devin,

How are you? I hope your last spurt with getting the stoves out is going well.

I'm right in the middle of all this awful stuff going on in Japan right now and, to be honest, beginning to freak out. It's unbelievably terrifying. But hanging in there. With aftershocks STILL rocking the place, it's hard to relax.

I just wanted to contact you to ask if you might hold off on sending orders that you have that are destined for Japan. Everything is so crazy here right now, that it might not be the best time to send them. Could you wait with those orders until things have quieted down here? Otherwise the items might get lost.

Sorry about the bad news. But we'll make it through. Then we can use the stoves. I wish I had one right now, for just in case!

Miguel

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Re: The Kettle is coming ! on 03/13/2011 14:53:01 MDT Print View

Hi All,

I'm now reemerging from the assembling/packing/shipping coma I've been for almost the past week.

Here's the status:

US direct shipments - went out on Saturday.

International shipments (took longer for customs forms and third party insurance) - going out first thing Monday (tomorrow) morning.

Japanese shipments - ready to go out, but have emailed each customer to see if they want theirs held until things have stabilized. As I said in the email, Miguel, I'm glad you are well and hope the same for your country.

BPL orders - now on their way to BPL.

Stay tuned for some fun ways to share your unpacking experience. :)

Matt Leo
(ATBackpacker) - F

Locale: Central PA
#69 on 03/14/2011 11:38:31 MDT Print View

Just got mine about an hour ago. Mine is number #69 ;-)

Backcountry Boiler

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Re : Kettle on 03/14/2011 12:19:57 MDT Print View

I've received proper notification about the Kettle, so i'm definately not opening that doc.att. that was in the previous email. It is meant to be an official invoice from DHL, but is written in broken English. It looks very suspicious!

. Callahan
(AeroNautiCal) - M

Locale: Stoke Newington, London, UK.
Fake 'Notification' and Good Lookin' Kettle. on 03/14/2011 12:51:40 MDT Print View

Mike, that 'Notification' sounds like one of several that I've had recently, all laughably fake.

Matt, that's looking good. (o:

BER ---
(BER) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
BCB is here on 03/14/2011 12:56:29 MDT Print View

#063 made it to Wisconsin.
Very, very nice Devin!

BCB

Got so excited I had a little spillage issue. :)

Edited by BER on 03/14/2011 13:00:04 MDT.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Fake notification on 03/14/2011 13:00:22 MDT Print View

Yeah, i knew it was a fake, but when you are expecting a real one!
I was sooo tempted to open the att! :)

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re : Kettle on 03/14/2011 13:03:27 MDT Print View

A (hopefully helpful) tip - if you want to pack this thing inside your pack, I'd recommend having it in an OPSAK. Stuff builds up quickly and I think it would make your entire pack smell very smoky if you pack it inside.