Forum Index »
Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements »
Lost Coast in and out
Anyone in for doing an in and out at the Lost Coast. Say Mattole to Spanish or Miller Flat and back?
yeah ..when?am layed off this week. so of course it's raining.when will be the deal. was look'n at the south half with a jog up to shelter cove for a pizza, and return.something like that.v.
I'm interested......email sent.
I am interested, if there is a carpool possibility.
I am interested. I +1 on carpool. I can't say I'm in for sure still dates are settled.
here in sac the apple widget weather shows a clearing trend. have a car that seats 4 and is a lot like the RR Phantom brain johnson of ac/dc drives. except it's white. and smaller. and a toyota. and .. etc.
When?I'd be willing to drive from San Jose if it works out.
Full Moon and Vernal Equinox on the weekend of the 19th?
If it's March 19th, that is the weekend that another snow caping weekend is in the works, at least for me.
Weekend after perhaps. 25-27th?I'll have to look at the tides.Properly this time.
25-27th works for me.Need bearcans, yes?
Yes. Canisters required
Does our starting point have a ranger station with rentals?
Yes rentals are available at either end.Here is a link to the BLM. Everything you need to know is there.http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/arcata/kingrange/index.html
hey i have a group of four of us heading up from Sacramento on Wednesday the 26th....pretty sure we are gonna do a north to south hike though....the more the merrier.....kristo
Edited by kristoHIKES on 03/08/2011 17:49:44 MST.
You doing a shuttle?
i hope too. i think right now we have at least 3 for sure. if i don't get any one else, or if one of the guys backs out (certain possibility) i may just hike north to punta gorda LH, then back out. that sounds like a fun adventure.
interested, march 25 26 right?Anyone want to carpool?
the rest of my crew is not really down with the shuttle thing. so looks like we are heading up on the morning of wedensday the 26th, looking to roll into shelter cove no later than noon. gonna head up north and turn around somewhere in time to be back by saturday afternoon....any of you guys heading up around then?
Was planning on doing the northern section. I prefer it to the Shelter Cove end. Less on the beach and more on the terrace. Would add about 30-45 minutes for those coming north. I have to wait for the weekend too( well Fri. afternoon) though. Have a great time.
Edited by kthompson on 03/11/2011 22:57:41 MST.
You must login to post.
MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED TO POST: You must be a Forum, Annual or Lifetime Member to post messages in the backpackinglight.com forums.
SUBSCRIBE NOW »