This may have come up multiple times, but I'll post again for those that don't know.
Generic Zinc Oxide Ointment without fragrance has many uses:
1) Good unscented sunscreen - very good at blocking sun and doesn't attract bugs like most sunscreens. It does create a white tint, but we aren't worried so much about that in the back-country.
2) Poison ivy, oak, ... - one of the best remedies out there.
3) Reduces chaffing - Apply a little on the upper thighs or other body parts depending on your need.
4) Deodorant - zinc oxide helps reduce BO.
5) Lip (or other) balm - helps heal dry chapped lips or any body parts that are inflamed by sun, allergies or abrasions.
6) Emergency fire starter - like petroleum jelly, combined with toilet paper, dried leaves, twigs, makes starting fires in damp conditions easy.
7) To protect from water - Can be used the same way petroleum jelly would be used to protect against water. Shoe and clothing come to mind.
8) Hemorrhoid ointment - Very effective. Some may find this very helpful.
It is cheap and can be had at most drug stores. Many brands have added fragrance, so read the label.
I use it mostly as a sunscreen, but the other uses make it multi-use.